The REAL No Sales, current technical fault with ebay.

One of my reliable selling accounts has not made a sale for NINE DAYS !!!!

This is unheard of so I phoned up ebay CS. Turns out there is a technical problem affecting some accounts at the moment. This results in no sales AT ALL. Ebay is aware of the problem and forwarded my account to their technichnical team. I asked about compensation and the CS rep also forwarded my account to a department to look at providing compensation once the account was restored.

So if you have been achieving consistent sales and they have suddenly stopped, it may be worth giving CS a call.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

By not showing I meant from best match, links from other listings, outside of ebay, watch lists. 

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

You answered my question. 

I get alot of 0 feedback buyers for unique items that if you google the part number the ebay listing will show near the top of the search results.

Going back there used to be a way to see the percentage of traffic and possibly sales from each website. 

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

Sorry, that wasn't made clear. I totally misunderstood.

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

I was answering what I thought was obvious. Obviusly I don't have the experience or same selling platforms as the rest of you, so I shouldn't have butted in. I thought it was a straightforward answer. Not worth the upset of posting; not good for my health.

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

I was too busy trying to figure out the issue of no sales and not enough detail in the question.

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Is the issue that listings are not showing or that they cannot be purchased. 

The ebay CS rep did not explain exactly what the problem was, but during this period I added around a dozen 3 day auction listings. This often gets things moving when things are slow. Acording to ebay stats the items had a few views and a couple of watchers, but no sales. The response to the auctions was pretty poor, so I suspect it could be a visibility issue more than simply unable to purchase.

One of my other accounts has been very slow too, but still making the occasional sale. This one has a long history with some popular items having up to 50 watchers, so a bank of potential buyers regardless of visibility. The CS rep was going to refer this account to the tech people too. All up my guess is that listings are not being shown in searches. ( more so than usuial ....Smiley Frustrated   )

A few years ago I was a full time ebay seller. Just as well I branched out into another business a couple of years ago. If I was still relying on ebay for all of my income, this present issue would be devastating.

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

They seem to have implemented their limited product display.

In their usual heavyhanded, faulty algorithm manner.

One book I looked for had 4 listings displayed. Out of 5. The fifth one was used, rather than new, and was the subject of 'one available from $x'. So even when there is only one in used condition, they don't display it the search results if there are new copies of the same ISBN.

As mine aren't cheapest, nobody is now going to see any of my listings if they are searching that way. All they will get is the pommie dropshippers.

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

@pnc75 wrote:

I was answering what I thought was obvious. Obviusly I don't have the experience or same selling platforms as the rest of you, so I shouldn't have butted in. I thought it was a straightforward answer. Not worth the upset of posting; not good for my health.

To me it looked like your post was both a statement and a question, and I thought it was as equally valid as the question you were responding to, in both forms, so I attempted to acknowledge that as well as answer it with more information with regards to how it's possible for items to be seen and not be able to be purchased

Visibility would indeed be the most likely culprit, if for no reason other than over 9 days, if people were seeing items and trying to buy them, generally at least one person would message a seller about the issue, so I wasn't trying to criticise you or your post, just add to / answer it - and honestly, for whatever it's worth, I don't think your experience (or any other poster's) in some matters in any way invalidates your perspective or input, since many times a comment or question from an alternative persepctive, or an inexperienced one, can highlight a simple answer, or point out the obvious, where other more experienced posters might be over-complicating the issue by running through all of the options and possibilities - something I have a tendency to do, btw (which is just a wordier way of me saying that I think we can all learn from each other, regardless of how long we've been here). 

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

just a wordier way

I think the countess is rubbing off on a few of us. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

I don't play lotto due to the impossible odds but the way ebay has been lately it does not make sense to not include it as an option.

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply