Unpaid Item

If a buyer has gone through checkout, as in they selected they would pay via bank deposit, then don't actually pay, is there any way to open an unpaid item dispute? It's been nearly 2 weeks since she went through checkout, but the money has never appeared in my account. I have sent her an email asking to check if the payment has bounced back, but got no reply. 

The options in the dropdown are:

Add tracking number

Mark as payment received

Mark as sent

Leave feedback

Contact buyer

Send revised invoice (which won't let me, it says the buyer has paid)

Cancel order

Sell similar

Relist

Add note

Add to list

No mention of "report a problem" or anything whereby I can unmark the checkout. Her feedback appears to be good. I can't see any false positives mentioning not paying. Her feedback left for others is all good. 

Is my only option to cancel the transaction?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unpaid Item

A quick google showed me a post by digital*ghost which seems to address this, *tippy*toes*. Apparently you should be able to go to the resolution centre, enter the item number, and that should enable you to open the Unpaid Item case.

@digital*ghost@  wrote:

Go to the resolution centre and put in the item number for the purchase, the next screen should show you the transaction that is unpaid, and you can open a case (you'll have to do it separately for each item).

The link recently disappeared from one of my transactions, too, because the buyer went through checkout and actually initiated an eCheque, but it was cancelled (not failed) two days later (the buyer actually sent me a message the day after, saying the echeque had cleared and to post the item now.... O_O).

Anyway, main point is, I didn't have anything in selling view or selling manager to open a UPI, but once I put the item number through the resolution centre, the transaction popped up and I could open a case.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

A quick google showed me a post by digital*ghost which seems to address this, *tippy*toes*. Apparently you should be able to go to the resolution centre, enter the item number, and that should enable you to open the Unpaid Item case.

@digital*ghost@  wrote:

Go to the resolution centre and put in the item number for the purchase, the next screen should show you the transaction that is unpaid, and you can open a case (you'll have to do it separately for each item).

The link recently disappeared from one of my transactions, too, because the buyer went through checkout and actually initiated an eCheque, but it was cancelled (not failed) two days later (the buyer actually sent me a message the day after, saying the echeque had cleared and to post the item now.... O_O).

Anyway, main point is, I didn't have anything in selling view or selling manager to open a UPI, but once I put the item number through the resolution centre, the transaction popped up and I could open a case.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Oh WOW! That worked! Thanks for that. I knew there would have to be a way, but couldn't find any way to unmark the checkout thing, which was making the system think she'd paid.

Case open! Now to wait the 4 days and see what happens. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

This sounds like people have figured out how to get around paying immediately. Just because your buyer has nothing in feedback to indicate she's had other items she hasn't paid for, it doesn't mean that's not the case.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I'm glad it worked! victorysign.gif

This is the sort of thing that should be easy to locate in eBay's HELP pages. (But it's not.)

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585wrote:
This sounds like people have figured out how to get around paying immediately. Just because your buyer has nothing in feedback to indicate she's had other items she hasn't paid for, it doesn't mean that's not the case.

It was an auction so forced immediate payment didn't apply. If she has had other UPI's, the sellers haven't opened a dispute because my blocks didn't stop her bidding. 

Maybe, like me, they didn't know how to open a dispute as she'd been through checkout, which removed the option in the drop down.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@countessalmirenawrote:

I'm glad it worked! victorysign.gif

This is the sort of thing that should be easy to locate in eBay's HELP pages. (But it's not.)

No way would this ever appear in the help pages. Sellers knowing this, can get their fees back easily. If it wasn't a high priced item, they may just let it slide and relist, meaning eBay gets to keep the fees. Mine was a $10 item with free postage, so far from being a profitable sale for eBay. I don't care about losing the 99c, I just want the buyer to know she can't just not pay for something and think it's OK.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I have just had a similar situation on my store account, although in my case the items (4) did show up on my Seller Hub page as eligible for unpaid item report.  Buyer completed checkout after 5 days (my terms are 7 days and my listings and invoice clearly state this), then after another 8 days still no payment or contact so I opened UPI cases. She then paid but was all stroppy saying she still had two more days to pay (it seems she considers the 7 days to start at the date she completed checkout, not when the items were actually purchased). I explained it all politely and also that I would have been happy to allow longer for payment if she had just contacted me, even though I think 13 days is generous enough.  IMO she has been on eBay long enough to know better.  Items are awaiting collection so just waiting now for the 4 negs to roll in, sigh...

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Wow, just posted from my non store account and it is showning up as from my store account.  Has anyone else had this happen before?

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

The log in from normal eBay and community here are different.

The browser will log in with the account you last logged in with if you have the browser remembering passwords.

image host
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply