Unusally high Final Value fees of %15.9

Hey there just sarted selling with ebay and I have just notice that my fees seem unusally high . I have done $1,073 in sales and fees have accounted for $217.12 (%20.20). Warrentred all my listings have %3.9 advertisment fee, but the final valuation fee is $171.11 (%15.9). I have cheched the ebay fees per catagory and non of the fees seem to be this high. My catagory is (Video Games & Consoles > Video Game Merchandise)

Any idea or advice?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your sales are classified as  Teir 4   13.09%   +33c  GST included.

For low value sales,  33c can make a big difference when trying to calculate a total  FVF.

For example,  your  $5   sales    13.09%  of $5.00  =   65c

+33c                         =   98c   (98c =  19.6%  of $5.00)

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

have a look here:

eBay Stores selling fees | eBay

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Yes but my catagory fall into Teir 1 (Video Games & Consoles) so the fees should be 8.03%? correct

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

You're selling virtual items

Electronically delivered items need to be listed in the Everything Else > Information Products category in the classified ad format

Electronically delivered items policy | eBay

And also using Promoted Listings?   That costs extra

Promoted Listings Standard | eBay

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

yes, +ads, +30c transaction fee, + fee on postage, +store fees

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Ok thank you for that, I was just using the ebay suggested item catagory. I know that promoted listing cost extra but for example one orders fees that didnt incluide promoted listing was %19.1 in fees and my total final valuation fees are %15.9

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I understand the other fees but, just the Final valuation fee in my fee brakdown is higher than any catagory, %15.9.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

8% + 3.9% + 2.6% (payment processing fee - that Paypal used to charge) + GST = 15.9%, near as.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Twynnie, if I may (ahem) correct you....it's $0.33c fixed charge, not $0.30 and electronically delivered means no postage.

When you sell an item on eBay, the final value fee is calculated as a percentage of the total sale amount per item (item price + postage and handling charges), plus a fixed charge of $0.33 (incl. GST) per order.

eBay Stores selling fees | eBay

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

yep, you're right

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply