Very fair ebay feedback revision process

Here is some praise for ebay, something I have not done very often. But I guess we should give credit where due.

I got a negative feedback a few months ago from a buyer who accused me of selling something not as advertised.  I appealed that neg with ebay under the new feedback reporting system, indicating how my listing clearly stated the feature that the buyer was claiming. I had little hope in the process but lo, the neg was removed!

A couple of weeks ago, I got another negative feedback along with a comment which simply did not make sense. So I contact the buyer thinking they had left the feedback by mistake (has happened previously). No reply came. Then suddenly on a thought I went back to 2018 records where a buyer had repeatedly sent us abusive comments over a few months, and twice ebay was requested to help before that stopped.

The buyer ID was different (it was a new recent 5 feedback ID), but the name and other things matched. So again I appealed to ebay giving reference to all the old correspondence. With very little hope I waited for a week, then chatted with ebay rep who told me its still under process. And today finally I see my record clear again.

Well done and thank you ebay.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Very fair ebay feedback revision process

Make sure you add all the pertinent ID's to your Blocked Buyer list.

I'm not sure if you check buyer feedback left for sellers, but there have been a number of times when I have seen that it would have been too high risk to carry through the transaction, and have cancelled and blocked the buyer. 

Glad you had a positive outcome though!

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Looks like that person has been booted off ebay anyway, as their profile page shows 'no longer a registered user'

I hope they don't come back again because then I certainly plan to get a lawyer and go after them for cyber stalking. Maybe I should do it now to scare them off since I have all the contact details

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Wow, just simply wow.  Finally a post on here with a positive comment, rather then the normal complaining people.  Thank you for making my day!!!

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay must have been always fair with FB revision then. In the old days when or as a buyer could recieve negative FB...I asked ebay to have them removed, because it was obvious the negative FB I left for those sellers were legitimate, and that was just their counter response that wasn't justified.

Can a buyer recieve negative FB these days?

Signatures suck.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@joz*garage wrote:

Can a buyer recieve negative FB these days?

No, one of the reasons it was removed was that sellers used it in retaliation for buyers leaving less than positive feedback for them. It's a pointless action anyway as most sellers have not got time to peruse buyers feedback anyway.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I suppose you could leave a comment still of their behaviour, such as non paying bidder

Signatures suck.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I suspect a non paying bidder coming up soon.

Can you still leave a strike?

Signatures suck.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@joz*garage wrote:

I suppose you could leave a comment still of their behaviour, such as non paying bidder

No you can't do that, it's against eBay's feedback policy. If the buyer reports the comment eBay will remove it leaving the positive feedback there, they may also penalise you for feedback extortion. So it's a pretty pointless thing to do, also anyone looking at your feedback would have no idea who the buyer is anyway.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@joz*garage wrote:

I suspect a non paying bidder coming up soon.

Can you still leave a strike?

eBay is the one that issues strikes, not the seller. Read the 2 links below on how to manage non-payers.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/payment-policies/unpaid-item-policy?id=4271

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply