WOW Au post

this was on the news today....Aus post managing director gets paid 5.6M salary. according to the news, the AU gov wanted to keep this a secret from AU tax payers.. he is the highest paid public servant in AU..WOW. ...

now i know why my postage costs keeps going up and up.

Message 1 of 80
Latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: WOW Au post

I'd be happy with the 0.6m as a pay packet. The 5m can be shared around to those who need it the most!!
Message 2 of 80
Latest reply

It's absolutely sickening that any one person should be paid like this. Its 10 times more than our Prime Minister gets paid.

Not only that but he presides over an organisation that is losing money. How can this be allowed to continue.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/australia-post-ceo-paid-56-million-in-2016/news-story/7e...

Message 3 of 80
Latest reply

And the CEO of Royal Mail (UK) gets $800,000 per year And Head Of the US Postal system gets $600,000,

To run an operation x10 times the size of Australia Post. 

?????

Barrie

Message 4 of 80
Latest reply

As disposable income the head of UK Royal Mail is probably better off than the head of AP.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 80
Latest reply

Maybe bring it to the attention of the media? Channel 9? ABC?

Message 6 of 80
Latest reply

It works out to a bit over $5.60 per secon , 24 hours per day for 365 days per year.
Message 7 of 80
Latest reply

Apologies had my divisions up the wrong way.
It's about 17/cents per second. He must be positively poor only getting 17-cents per second
Message 8 of 80
Latest reply

@bookmanx500 wrote:

And the CEO of Royal Mail (UK) gets $800,000 per year And Head Of the US Postal system gets $600,000,

To run an operation x10 times the size of Australia Post. 

?????

Barrie

And to think that this poor overworked and underpaid slave labourer managed to put together a profitable deal that allows UK sellers to post globally in bulk at rates that our guy can't deliver for local mail.

Maybe if they paid him just a little more?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; AP is now run by ex-bankers who wouldn't have a clue about logistics.

They didn't need Ahmed Fahour for a CEO, they needed someone more like Lindsay Fox.

Message 9 of 80
Latest reply

I hope the media point out this fact to Aust Post the next time we get their sob stories about their falling profits.

Message 10 of 80
Latest reply