Warning to all seller's

If you are going to sell any high end or large company names items as used or pre owned sure to have authenticity card.

or other indicator of legitimacy. copy of your proof of purchase of the item.

You be prohibited or restricted to list for up to 7days .......

Even movie DVD or Nike sport shoes .....

Just another way e-bay is to rid of small sellers .....

Looks like I will buy on e-bay and sell on another format site .....

no happy jan .......

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Warning to all seller's

I got a 7 day selling restriction 2 weeks ago for selling my Husbands preloved authentic vintage Gucci loafers.  I couldn't believe it and rang customer support for help all to no avail.  At the time I received this slap on the hand I was in the middle of listing my 150 free listing which made it a whole heap worse for me.

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Oh , most definatly...... Wow, so I cant use the word RARE PLANT...or endangered species?...or golen oldie?...

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

Seems like it Lou.

I'm surprised that I didn't get listing restrictions during the years I did sell on eBay for using such words as RARE, COLLECTABLE, VINTAGE, and even NAMING THE PERSON WHO MADE whichever piece.  

And I certainly don't have any proof of purchase for the VINTAGE, 1ST EDITION, 10 VOLUME SET OF BOOKS that my father bought for me about 59 years ago.  

Just as well I pulled all my listings....otherwise e-Bay would most likely have removed the lot with this new farce...!!!

Absobloodylutely crazy.

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

1.  Am I allowed to mention other market places in this forum?  

2.  I have a band new pair of Nike I want to sell that I bought from the Nike warehouse, stupid moment of exercise in my brain, anyway, I prefer my old walkers, just the same I have the receipt from the warehouse and I don't want people to see what I paid for them, so how does this all work then, who sees your receipt.  

3.  What about my collections of DVD and CD's I want to start selling those off soon and they are all legit, no receipts of course, bought from blockbuster etc.

Woman Frustrated

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

Have a look at what happened to sloaneranger62 (post 21) for listing Gucci.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Yes I did thank you.  This is getting so complicated.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

You'd most likely be able to list Nike or any other name brand, without a batting of eBay eyelids,  if you had a 'ship from Hong Kong' address.

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

NIKE is part of eBay's Vero Program. I think as long as you don't offer worldwide postage, or use any photos from their website (take your own photos and use only those), then you can probably sell them.

Taken from the NIKE Vero page:

It is legal to re-sell a genuine Nike product that you purchased, in its original, unaltered form in the territory in which you bought it and you may use NIKE trademarks to describe such items.  However, you should be aware that selling outside the territory in which you bought the item can be risky as certain countries and territories have laws prohibiting unapproved parallel trading.  For example, items offered for sale to European countries which have not first been put on the market by Nike within the European Economic Area ("EEA") by Nike may infringe Nike's rights.  Please refer to nikeuk About Me page for further information

You can read the rest of it here http://vero.ebay.com/vero/nikeinc

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

Thank you all.
Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

After 5 months?

Shows how much you care, I suppose.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply