What has happened to ebay? No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

I have never seen it like this lots on watch but no sales for days.

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: What has happened to ebay? No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

We do understand English in this country, even though you mob don't seem to be able to understand us.

Care to try a repeat in it?

Message 91 of 148
Latest reply

I wonder whether they actually admit to using the English language in America?  That'd be a terrible come-down because they like to think they invented everything, or they can make it bigger and better than everyone else - probably the reason they changed the spelling of soooo many words (or maybe they just couldn't spell).  I've actually seen comments about English being the most commonly used language in the world simply because that's the language America uses.  Yeah, right.

Message 92 of 148
Latest reply

"Two peoples divided by a common language" - George Bernard Shaw

Message 93 of 148
Latest reply

The answer is simple, if you notice ebay have all these new promotions where you pay no insetion fees and you dont get charged final value fee however once that ends they slug you with fees, also e bay has been more focused on the Asian and U.S sellers promoting them more than those in Australia. It tells me why the latest choice artical has proof of this taking place but also why sellers are leaving in droves and heading over to other selling plattforms that charge less fees and your item sells quicker. Ebay has also been promoting those who advertise on wish along with aliexpress as there sales have gone through the roof, but dont expect ebay to tell you this. I also had an someone look into this further and the powerseller is nothing but **bleep** as it does nothing for your sales they just make it look that way, even your listings as a power seller should be visible 1st as to those who havent a power seller tag, yet that is false as the expert i had investigate this found sellers with very low feedback let alone ratings of 95.2% there listings were on show and above those who have 100% ratings. tells me why sellers are leaving in droves. 

As far as i am concerned E bay is dead in the water for us as all they have done is try and destroy us , and never once has a rep for e bay Australia jumped on the phone to assist us only get those from Asis who are stupid as, e bay has also been caught out assisting scammers that buy and open claims to destroy our accounts as we found 1 seller tell us he will win a case that was clear cut as he was trying to scam us, we had an email from ebay stating we were in the right however ebay favoued the scammer, well the scammer himself stated he knew people in e bay and it will go his way. tells me just what **bleep** ebay have turned out to be and i have advised them its over i no longer will sell using ebay and they wont be getting a single cent for fees. we will take this all the way to the federal courts as they have cost us over $15000 in sales. 

They changed there policies like we change our socks and they suspened peoples accounts for no reasons and once you prove your in the right by the time they lift the suspension they have caused further damage to your ebay account and try offering you $10.00 compensation lmfao. What **bleep** me of more is if i lived in the U.S i can list 6 cars a year without having to pay insertion fees and once it sells the commission is $200 where in Australia they **bleep** us good and well. 

ITS THE END OF E BAY AND THIS IS WHY SO MANY ARE HEADING TO OTHER SITES LIKE AMAZON TO SELL, MUCH MUCH BETTER PLACE THAN **bleep** THEY HAVE TURNED OUT TO BE 

Message 94 of 148
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

I wonder whether they actually admit to using the English language in America?  That'd be a terrible come-down because they like to think they invented everything, or they can make it bigger and better than everyone else - probably the reason they changed the spelling of soooo many words (or maybe they just couldn't spell).  I've actually seen comments about English being the most commonly used language in the world simply because that's the language America uses.  Yeah, right.

Here's a little article about the differences in spelling in American english you might find informative: The โ€œColourfulโ€ History of American Spelling

A quote from it that I think summarizes: " Websterโ€™s solution to making American English more distinct was to refine the spelling of words to be more economical and phonetic. So, while British English spells words based on their French origin, Webster removed unnecessary letters so that certain words were simply spelled how they sound. "

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 95 of 148
Latest reply

WOW, that is one angry spray. Yes ebay has its faults ( and I think you managed to squeeze most of them into your post ) but for any seller who is prepared to take a reasoned, mature and proffesional attitude to their selling it is still a very succesful platform to sell on.

My sales are ticking along quite nicely with one item listed today selling within half an hour of listing. If you approach your customers with the same attitude as your forum posts, it wont matter which platform you are on, it will all turn to mush. Good luck with taking ebay " all the way to the federal court " over your lost $15,000 in sales. It should prove to be a very " interesting " and expensive test case.

Message 96 of 148
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could the slow sales dilemma for various sellers be attributed to a filter Ebay has now for buyers (on mobile) whereupon they can filter results to show sellers only who have guaranteed delivery within 3 days?  If so, this would be a setback for me as a seller too, for aspiring to grow my sales.

Message 97 of 148
Latest reply

To Ebayers with slow sales! Well guess what guys? After some trial & error over the last 18 months, (& with advice from you Chameleon plus Davewill Dazzledays etc)  I'm finally convinced that adding a 2nd catagory works in lifting sales! Wow! sounds very obvious doesnt it,...

but Ive tried different additions to my store & they only gave a small lift. But finally Ive found another similared themed catagory but a totally different item (& pricepoint) & now its worked to lift my original items sales (up 56% according to sellers hub). Think its working by bringing a totally new type of customer & my listings says "be sure to check out our store". Havent sold any of the new items yet but had offers (I have open to offers option on these) & some sales are pending. But i think this model is working! YAY!!! Love all the help you get on Ebay boards. So people who are not happy with sales ? I''d def add a 2nd catagory, even if it means trying a few out til u get one that works with yr existing listings! . 

Message 98 of 148
Latest reply

I think you mean you've added a new product line rather than a second category. Usually adding a second category means your listings show in more than one category (each listing does).

People often don't know they want something until they see it so having more than one type of product makes sense.
Message 99 of 148
Latest reply

Its definitely possible... I THINK that we've had a slowdown recently - it certainly seems so. We didnt go with the 3 day thing yet - I just dont know how on earth we could possibly guarantee something will arrive in 3 days??? Australia post isnt that fast! Couriers are that fast (only to certain locations). How the hell can anyone offer 3 days???

(btw we dispatch the same day as the order and then it gets picked up by courier the following day)

Message 100 of 148
Latest reply