What is my eBay status as a seller , eg private or power or business.

cddlb
Community Member

I was invited to list 10 items in March with no fees ie either listing or FV.  This was offered to those who have not been on ebay for at least a year and are new or casual users of eBay.  I have now listed  my 10 items and have another 11 items ready to list in the 40 items free per month.  I am using templates to prepare my items. 

Apparently I am not elegible for the relist x 3 for free option becasue I have over the years sold/listed 497 item - have a feed back of 444.  I have NOT sold since July 2014 so it has been some time between sellling.  I had a live chat with Cheryl who advised me that becasue of my previous  sales record I do not qualify as the chriteria has changed in that time.

I find that a bit harsh.  On one hand I get the offer yet when I start listing I am supposedly in a different catagory.  The 3 free relistings are for me an emormous carrot. 

The peamble is leading to the question - so what category am I?  If a "casual" is it because I am using the template option to prepare my listings that I am not getting the 3 fre relisting?  Or some other reason?

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day  cddlb

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: What is my eBay status as a seller , eg private or power or business.

To wind up one part of this very long post - I've been off eBay for the past 10 or so days and this morning I went into one of my drafts and it gives me the option ot relist for free!!!!  Yippee.  As you can tell I am very pleased about that tho I noticed when I looked into relisting one of my items that option is not there - so will not relist any of them.

There is aslo some talking about the Sunday $1 FVF optionsabove and I had been getting that option.  It was not offered last Sunday nor today.  I did swap over from Advanced listing to Standard listing to check the difference - I am now back on Advanced listing.  Would that have been why I am currently (I hope) not getting that option?  Or is it not being offered to anyone any more?

Message 41 of 46
Latest reply

Super Sunday hasn't been available to anyone last Sunday or today.
Message 42 of 46
Latest reply

Thank you for that - do you ahve any idea if it is coming bacK?
Message 43 of 46
Latest reply

No, no idea.

Message 44 of 46
Latest reply

Ebay's promotions are something that you just have to grab when they're available. The Sunday one was the best they've had in a while because of the limited fee for selling, but previously they've had all sorts of offers for no listing fees, but you could never rely on always getting them.

Good to see you're now getting the free relists!
Message 45 of 46
Latest reply

Thanks brerrabbit.  You have been helpful all the way through.  Cheers and have a good day.

Message 46 of 46
Latest reply