What is my eBay status as a seller , eg private or power or business.

cddlb
Community Member

I was invited to list 10 items in March with no fees ie either listing or FV.  This was offered to those who have not been on ebay for at least a year and are new or casual users of eBay.  I have now listed  my 10 items and have another 11 items ready to list in the 40 items free per month.  I am using templates to prepare my items. 

Apparently I am not elegible for the relist x 3 for free option becasue I have over the years sold/listed 497 item - have a feed back of 444.  I have NOT sold since July 2014 so it has been some time between sellling.  I had a live chat with Cheryl who advised me that becasue of my previous  sales record I do not qualify as the chriteria has changed in that time.

I find that a bit harsh.  On one hand I get the offer yet when I start listing I am supposedly in a different catagory.  The 3 free relistings are for me an emormous carrot. 

The peamble is leading to the question - so what category am I?  If a "casual" is it because I am using the template option to prepare my listings that I am not getting the 3 fre relisting?  Or some other reason?

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day  cddlb

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

I have been selling for quite a few years now. I have runs of lots of sales, then I could go 3 months without anything. It's very up and down. I have been a top rated seller, power seller a few times and have always had the 3 free relists. I have had them since day one of them being introduced.

Every now and then when there is a promotion running, the free relists seem to do a runner. If you go back a couple of days later, often it has returned and you can tick it in the listing (try to revise the listing). I have also found that sometimes when it doesn't show during listing, revising via the app usually shows it and you can then tick it.

Ebay have been rambling for years about the free relists only being available to new members, but it's a crock. There are plenty of hard core sellers who have it. IF you registered your account as a business account at any point since signing up, or anyone in your house has an account that is listed as business, then you don't qualify.

Message 11 of 46
Latest reply

My main account runs a store, has 2200 listings, pushing 2000 feedback and still gets the 3 free auto-relists.

As tippy said, they can disappear periodically, but I find they usually reappear in, at most, a few hours.

Do you have any listing limits? If so, you might not be able to list anything new anyway. The 40 standard free listings do not override listing limits.

If you only have another 11 ready to go, the 40 will more than cover those even without relists. Depending on the duration of the listings.

Message 12 of 46
Latest reply

Thank you.  No limits as far as I know.  I'm doin 7 days on most of the 5 on a couple.  The 11 I have means that I can not put any more on unless I sell a couple?

Where do I go or to whom do I go to find out if I am being class as a newby?

Cheeers  🙂

Message 13 of 46
Latest reply

Thanks for this info.  No one else in the house does this eBay bit!!  I also do not have any apps - not yet fully into 21st C!  

When I looked this morning at the start of this saga the 10 items do no show the 3 relists.  and the 11 prepared to go also do not have it.  Or else it is so obscure ......

Cheers  

Message 14 of 46
Latest reply

I looked into PayPal and as far as I can see I'm OkKseem to have all the required aspects in place.  They do not seem to have a q and A section where you can ask a question that is outsied to noem.

Message 15 of 46
Latest reply

As with eBay, you need to phone Paypal to get a real answer, otherwise you'll just get a cut and paste email response, that's unlikely to answer your specific question.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 46
Latest reply

Thanks.

Message 17 of 46
Latest reply

@davewil1964
Yes, we had the 3 free relists for a couple of years.

Then, with just over 2000 listings & around 2500 feedback, they disappeared a few months ago & haven't re-appeared.

At the same the duration for new BIN listings started to default to Good til cancelled instead of 30 days, so seems to be part of the same process.

The powers that be obviously decided we no longer qualified.

Why? Who knows, we had a couple of good months in sales, maybe that tipped us over the edge, or maybe it was the number of sales for the year.

Hope you keep yours for many a year yet 🙂
Message 18 of 46
Latest reply

@cddlbwrote:

Where do I go or to whom do I go to find out if I am being class as a newby?

Cheeers  🙂

Don't waste your time calling ebay or paypal to ask if you are classed as a new seller.....you ARE a new seller by their standards if it is several years since you have sold.

And there is no point being impatient....they will not change your listing limits immediately.  You have to prove you are a reliable seller before they will up your limits.

Message 19 of 46
Latest reply

OK thanks.  

Message 20 of 46
Latest reply