What is the email address for ebay, please?

I spent three hours listing my first item to sell on ebay. Finally, I had one more thing to do and this was to click onto the 'Continue' button. When I did this, a message came up saying that a PIN Number would be sent to me via my phone or text. I added my phone number and clicked 'Text.' A message came up telling me to put in a valid phone number. I did this many times over and the same message kept on coming up. I gave the number to my house mate and I asked him to call my number. My phone rang. I got him to text me too, and I got the text. When I tried to go back to the product I was listing to sell, it had vanished.

When I went to Customer Support, they had no category under "Selling An Item" for the problem I was having. After spending another hour trying to get Customer Support and not getting it, then I have come here. Thank you

Message 1 of 90
Latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: What is the email address for ebay, please?

@suesu.b.zr6ky8 wrote:
Has anyone ever been able to contact eBay for help if so please tell me how

Yes it's easy, go to the top or bottom of any page and click on "help", find the subsection that applies to you and use the "chat" option or better still use the "call me" option.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 51 of 90
Latest reply

Hi I would just like people to b aware..first I'm not blaming eBay. But I have been hacked on here about 10 times now. The fraud squad have told me they r not sure how...these Chinese companies/individuals keep finding ways passed any security. U can imagine how frustrating it becomes to cancel my card wait 6 weeks for my money to b returned from a hong kong bank most of the time. I've deleted such from my watched items. I only buy from Australia now no with PayPal.. But still they attack me from afar. Be careful everyone.
Message 52 of 90
Latest reply

Unless they are using your account AND your card to 'hack' your account, your account hasn't been hacked.

Most likely you are paying directly through an insecure portal.

I suggest you pay through Paypal. They seem to be secure.

Message 53 of 90
Latest reply

This thread is now 2 years old.
Why are the buyers still allowed to rate the postage speed during the covid crunch? Its not our fault that the postal system is so backed up. And seeking refunds because of late items atm shouldn't be allowed either. It's unfairly affecting seller ratings. And as a new seller how am I supposed to get anywhere like that??

Message 54 of 90
Latest reply

@micfa-1559 wrote:
This thread is now 2 years old. I wonder if David will yell at me for this.
Why are the buyers still allowed to rate the postage speed during the covid crunch? Its not our fault that the postal system is so backed up. And seeking refunds because of late items atm shouldn't be allowed either. It's unfairly affecting seller ratings. And as a new seller how am I supposed to get anywhere like that?? And shut up david.

If you take a look at this link you'll see that the 'Postage speed' DSR is for rating "...How quickly the seller posted the item...", not the speed of the shipping method.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 55 of 90
Latest reply

You're lucky.  I can't even find ebay's email address!

Message 56 of 90
Latest reply

They don't advertise one. If you need to contact eBay, use online chat via the 'Help' menu, and chat with one of the customer service agents.

They also have telephone support but I'm not sure whether that's back up and running again as it was shut down for several months due to COVID earlier this year.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 57 of 90
Latest reply

If you had read some of the posts here you'd realise that contacting eBay through email will just give you bot-driven responses, that are unlikely to even address your problem, let alone give you an answer to it.

G'day tazzie.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 58 of 90
Latest reply

Tazzie, to the best of my knowledge, eBay chat is still the only contact method for eBay Customer Service... for most circumstances.

There is still (apparently) phone support if the problem is to do with account security.

Need more help?

📱  Call us                📱  Have us call you

x min wait time                x min wait time

I would not recommend using such phone options for non-account-hijacked issues, though. I imagine the CS reaction would be less than impressed, like a tiger ripping its claws through velvet.

Message 59 of 90
Latest reply

How very true. At least eBay Australia do NOT want anyone contacting or E-mailing them, that is why it is impossible to find a customer service E-mail address in virtually all the pages you can visit.

@darrenthecollector wrote:

You cant email them, because they dont want anyone contacting them.

Message 60 of 90
Latest reply