What means "delayed" in AP tracking

I sold item 24thNovember, posted 25th to small place past Nhill and the buyer is not happy because it is not delivered as yet.  The problem is that the tracking said estimated delivery Tuesday 26th!!!!! from Melbourne.  And now it says "delayed".  does it mean it is lost?

parcel missing.JPG

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: What means "delayed" in AP tracking

Nobody was trying to mislead anybody, it was about how much energy is being used and where.  The fires were just picked up because they were there, and I just pointed out that there are many fires we do not hear about; if they do not threaten densely inhabited areas, they are not reported and just burn themselves out naturally.  And nobody except Australians questioned the lit up Australian center.  Australia is pretty unimportant to the rest of the world.

These fires are started by dry lightnings

Message 31 of 41
Latest reply

so any news on your delayed item?

Message 32 of 41
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. It's very important to keep your discussion relevant to the topic. If you have something else to talk about, please start a new thread. Remember irrelevant posts might be removed. Thanks.
Message 33 of 41
Latest reply

If fires affecting postal delivery is off topic, does that mean we can expect all other threads to be have at least half their posts deleted due to irrelevancy, especially those that use their rants against the GST to push personal political beliefs?
Message 34 of 41
Latest reply

It would appear that I should  have been chastised for taking this thread off topic......I was the first to ask the OP if there were any fires in the area that could be delaying the mail.

Sorry you copped it brer!

Message 35 of 41
Latest reply

recently experienced the same issue. Turns out alot of flights were cancelled due to the bush fires which caused alot of delays. Unfortunalty they lost my item and I had to fill out a compensation form. 

Message 36 of 41
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

Yes!  it arrived today.

Message 37 of 41
Latest reply

@*kazumi* wrote:

@curraone wrote:

Yes!  it arrived today.

6 working days then. On the edge of what AP estimate.

Buyer sounds very needy and has unrealistic expectations. Either that, or they've never had anything posted to them before. Ever.

Message 38 of 41
Latest reply

The problem was that AP said on the tracking it was due to be delivered the 26th!   Actually, from Monday to Wednesday that is 7 working days.  Yes, i think week is very reasonable time for delivery to tiny place in middle of nowhere, half way to Adelaide. 

Message 39 of 41
Latest reply

Hi Kazumi, not having a go at anybody,  just pointing out that that particular image, was not as it seemed, and was definately not as it was reported.   While some fires in central Oz are started by dry lightening, the vast majority occur as the result of man, for various reasons.  As stated the vast majority of the fires which were depicted  in that image were barely visible on the nightly images that were multi layered to produce that alarming image, as to what the agenda was behind the image , I dont know, but it did make world news.

Message 40 of 41
Latest reply