What would be a reasonable price to charge for a bundle of OOP DVD's?

tmnt14
Community Member

Hey I have a bundle of old OOP TMNT DVD's I wasn't sure how much to charge for them or if anybody would be interested in them. It's the 2003 series Seasons 1-7 and the Turtles Forever movie. With a lot of people streaming and that new box set that came out recently I'm not sure if people would be willing to pay a bit extra for the older 4kids releases of the DVD's.

Season 1 Part 1 and Part 2 are region 1, same for both parts of Season 2. Season 3 Box 1 and Box 2 are the Australian releases, Season 4 Box 1 and Box 2 are Australian as well. Ninja Tribunal (Season 5) is region 1, same for the 2 volumes of Fast Forward (Future Shellshock and Day of Awakening), Back to the Sewer has 2 volumes (Something Wicked and City Under Siege) which are Australian. Turtles Forever is the uncut region 2 release. I'm including the region 1 release of Season 4 in the bundle as well since it comes with a couple of short episodes in the extras. The Seasons 3 and 4 box sets I bought from Australia had a bit of a musty smell on them but I cleaned the boxes to get most of the smell out now there's more of a cinnamon smell instead. Season 2 Part 1 I actually got brand new I just took the shrink wrap off but the case was damaged a bit in the post there was a tiny bit broke off on the outside of the case and the spine on the inside of the box is cracked. The rest of the DVD's box sets are fine though. Most discs don't have much scratches on them just light ones. Turtles Forever probably has the most on the disc but I tested it and it plays fine.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: What would be a reasonable price to charge for a bundle of OOP DVD's?

If you think selling left hand car parts are hard, you should try selling left handed screwdrivers on eBay.  Absolute nightmare!! 🤣

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Left hand drive car parts I find I have to be careful with the listing to point this out clearly.

especially screw drivers

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

kermit2023
Community Member

Well I wouldn’t buy a dvd, I don’t own a dvd player anymore (who does? People over 60? , 70? , 80? 🤷‍♀️)

…and I certainly wouldn’t want a TMNT dvd collection even if it is out of print. 

but hey….. I’m just a frog. I’m not that fond of turtles 😁

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I infinitely prefer DVDs/Blu-ray to streaming… but not Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

One person’s rarity is another person’s completely-uninterested. OP, try listing on Facebook or in a niche group; there may be a market for this.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

My granddaughter's husband is a nut-job when it comes to TMNT.

But I'm not buying them for him.

His Christmas tree baubles have masks on them.

TMNT-23.jpg Not my pic, but you get the idea.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

just go to auction in bulk.....start price is what you're willing to accept, and go from there...

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I’ve actually made some of those TMNT tree baubles for the grandkids when they were little….. a long time ago now. They were a hit. 😁

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

There are always some people interested in just about everything or anything.

It's finding them that is the trick.

TMNT are still hugely popular, I think.  My grandkids are well aware of them, just as my own children were.

I like countess's suggestion. Go onto facebook & then look for groups dedicated to TMNT. There is one called TMNT fans and collectors. That may be a good start as it has 6k members. 

You'd be talking to the converted there.

I have no idea how much you could charge for them but I am doubting you'll make your fortune from them.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply