When holiday settings turned on, should postage overdue appear on sales

When you have holiday settings turned on with a return date displayed, should sales made in between before you get back, show postage overdue notice from eBay?  If it shows overdue at my end, the customer would also see overdue?  I always wonder how many customers buy without reading the holiday away banner, and if they didn't see it, seeing the postage maked by eBay as overdue could make it worse.

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

I'm not sure 100% how it works in reality(as opposed to how it *should* work)as I don't have a store

BUT, I do know, many,many people do not read the listing or say they 'did'nt see' the holiday banner

Recently there was a person complaining in a huff because, despite there being a holiday banner clearly displayed, they bought from the seller and (for some reason) thought because it was 'them', that the item would be posted anyway,despite that the seller in question was away on holiday

Cat Frustrated

Message 2 of 59
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Despite putting your store into holiday mode, ebay don't extend the due date.

Extend your own handling time to compensate.

As Bear says, people just don't see the 'away' banner at all, sometimes.

Message 3 of 59
Latest reply

Sellers need to take responsibility for their own listings. Ebay isn't going to do it for them.

If you can't post while you're away, either don't offer things for sale or extend your handling time so you don't have to post until you get back.
Message 4 of 59
Latest reply

Buyers are equally responsible for reading a listing before buying

IMHO

When something is very clearly written in the listing, the seller should not have to refund because the buyer chooses to not read it

Message 5 of 59
Latest reply

They do....but....take a screenshot of the message you left potential customers and your return date....ring ebay & attach screenshot to any messaging, should they defect you for late postage
Message 6 of 59
Latest reply

wrote:

Buyers are equally responsible for reading a listing before buying

IMHO

When something is very clearly written in the listing, the seller should not have to refund because the buyer chooses to not read it

But it's not clearly written in the listing at all!  How is a buyer to know whether the seller is away overseas or just having a bit of a holiday at home and only posting every few days instead of daily?  The away notice doesn't tell a buyer this and the note saying "there may be a delay in posting" is a bit vague and doesn't necessarily indicate that the item won't be posted until after the seller's return date. 

All the buyer can go by is the estimated delivery date, which can easily be changed by a seller if they make the effort to act in a businesslike manner!  If sellers can't be bothered to change that when they go away on a holiday then they've only got themselves to blame if they end up with problems.

Message 7 of 59
Latest reply

Message 8 of 59
Latest reply

The banner stating the seller is away until X date is quite clear when it is on a listing . It should not matter if the seller is away on the moon or away next door. Away should mean away

Sorry for thinking it is common sense that if a seller's page is on holiday mode and it states they are away until X date that means things will not be posted until after that date

Especially when ebay's estimated delivery dates are bulldust at best

Ebay is always all for the buyer no matter what the seller does

As I say, I do not have a store, I do not have thigs listed that will end if I am going to be away so I am not talking about 'me' or how it impacts on 'me'

I am just sick of it always,always being the seller who has to do a-z and 100% perfectly or they are howled down no end  (and even when they do, do every single i dot and t cross, buyers can lie through their teeth and get away with it) and the buyer does'nt so much as read the listing and is told "it's not your fault" the seller did'nt do x good enough 

Ebay is suppose to be for buyers AND sellers

Rarely see anything but 'it's the seller's fault' thu

Message 9 of 59
Latest reply

Bear, while I agree lots of things ebay do are a pain, this still remains on each

and every listing -

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

It's what you signed up for.

Message 10 of 59
Latest reply