Where is the store search bar?

It seems recently stores have changed, including mine, and I can no longer find any search bars to search within anyone's store?

Was there some kind of update I missed or an option I haven't ticked somewhere? It seems ridiculous to have a store with thousands of listings which you can't easily search. Help appreciated.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Where is the store search bar?

@tennis_sweetspot wrote:

but what about where it used to have "see other items"(now visit store) and you went in and could search by the list down the left of the screen "completed' "sold" ect.

now you have to go in thru the user id and items for sale?

This is driving me bonkers. Smiley Mad

Especially when it's a large store with a custom template but without normal store categories to use to navigate - anchor stores can also remove the search bar at the top entirely, so getting to an actual list of items in order to conduct a category or keyword search with a specific seller is now a real PITA. 

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

@padi*0409 wrote:

I can Kopes it's up in the search bar.

Capture.PNG

I noticed that too but, as per usual with changes, when I used it, the search defaulted to a general search of eBay and was NOT limited to the store.

That seems to have come good today but I think we'll have to keep an eye on it.

When you've looked at the item, use the back arrow.

That way you're still searching the same store.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Don't like it at all. Used to be a lot more simple, and intuitive with the info down  LH side and then being able to search from there. Unfortunately I think we have to just go with it.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

There are other problems they need to iron out too. I set my store to away and put a message in but it's a bit lost amongst all the code if I do it the way I really want it (bold, large print, centred). I previewed the message and it shows okay because it shows my old store format, but that's not how it looks in real life.

I just wish they'd fix all the glitches they cause when they bring in something new. I hate the new store format because it's so hard to find the normal list of seller's other items. I rarely search a seller's items, or even view them, via their store.
Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

Sometimes I wonder whether ebay want buyers to be able to find things. I used to buy a lot more when they had the old search engine and you could use the * for a wildcard search, eg. if you put in cross* it'd bring up all listings with cross, crossed, crossing, etc, in the title. When they removed that it was almost impossible to find the sort of things I used to buy so I gave up.

With the current search engine you can do a search and some items that should come up, and that you know definitely do exist, don't show at all. Making stores harder to search is definitely a step backwards!!!
Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

@ Stawks - Doesn't take away from the fact that we no longer have an internal store search function.

• I can see buyers getting very sick of hitting the back button very quickly indeed.

@ Glen - I agree, a totally egregious change designed to drive buyers back to general search.

@ Brerrabbit - I agree, they seem to be trying to drive the site into the ground.

• Change for the sake of change.
  • Nobody wants to have to relearn site usage every other week or so.
  • Inadequate implementation testing so far too many bugs (that take ages to fix, if ever).
  • Constantly making life harder for users is not conducive to leisurely browsing so shorter visits.
  • Making search more limited and difficult is just plain counterintuitive.
  • Removal of features buyers like yourself have learned to use and found useful just disaffects people.

I could go on and on but it makes no difference; we'll get what we're given and no correspondence will be entered into.

Some "partnership"!

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

I understand the problem for most stores, but I'm in collectables.

I have an established return buyer base, plus newbys arriving all the time.

As long as I have categories listed on the left hand side, they know where to look.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

I personally use the back button as little as possible. I'm more inclined to open listings in a new tab by clicking on the mouse wheel, then I can compare two or three items at once without having to go back and forward all the time. When I've finished I just close the extra tabs.

With the new system I'd have to do one keyword search in a store, open the listings I want, hit Back, then do my next search. It's an extra step and just plain inefficient!
Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

the store I went to just now did not have a search. they had 4k items for sale. I didnt buy anything with them !

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

it is a bit hard to see at first because they changed the location - when you click on a store - the search bar is the very first line - right at the top

store search.JPG

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply