Why does e bay take a % of my postage costs ??

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Why does e bay take a % of my postage costs ??

no good talking about it .what should ebay do ,when sellers are sellings things for $1   and postage is $45   on an item worth lets say $35.    

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

They should deal with those sellers and their abuse of the system. Not penalize sellers who don't list in this manner, and buyers who are forced to pay the extra in postage.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

@vivalaritz wrote:

They should deal with those sellers and their abuse of the system. Not penalize sellers who don't list in this manner, and buyers who are forced to pay the extra in postage.

They have. By charging FVF on postage. And offering a, albeit limited, postage service which is more than FVF cheaper than AP's equivalent. You can complain to the ACCC, even the Government. They came down on eBay's side over a year ago.

Where's stawkas dead horse?

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Better late than never         

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Ebay has the abillity to know that certain items only cost .......$ to post going by their extensive records and data. People grossly overcharging to post those items should be banned from selling and ripping off ebays members.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

TO viva your saying ebay should tell sellers what to sell there item for.please and how would ebay know what all prices should be . pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@vivalaritz wrote:

They have. By charging FVF on postage. And offering a, albeit limited, postage service which is more than FVF cheaper than AP's equivalent. You can complain to the ACCC, even the Government. They came down on eBay's side over a year ago.

Where's stawkas dead horse?

The ACCC did not "come down on eBays side"

The ACCC has not publically acted against eBay at this point in time.

This is not unusual for the ACCC, nor does it indicate a taking of "sides".  

The ACCC has very, very limited powers in relation to pricing matters.  It is usually not an area that is has any jurisdiction, unless price fixing is involved.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

From ACCC webpage

Setting Prices

Businesses are free to set their prices and discount their goods and services as they see fit, but they must set their prices independently of their competitors.

Pricing goods below cost can be illegal in certain circumstances.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Thats why when i send things overseas i charge more for handling fees, because overseas postage is not cheap, some things cost $50 just to post....thus if something i offer for free postage in Australia a buy now price of $100, my fees are just $10, but if i have to post the item over seas, say germany it might cost around $50 postage, so the total is $150 thus, ebay will charge me $15, so $5 has to be added to handling charges.......

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply