Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetence?

http://i.imgur.com/kOaTW3w.jpg

"We've thoroughly investigated the case and found that the buyer should return the item to you since the item doesn't match the description in your listing."

Yeah, you guys did a great job! Very thorough!

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetenc

saarzi
Community Member
Joe..
They ARE easy to get, they usually DONT come with used boards... do you EVER know what you are talking about before you post?
Youre good entertaimment nonetheless.

Lol
Message 11 of 54
Latest reply

Re: Why does eBay massively favour Buyers over Sellers on returns? Is it just because of incompetenc

well ok easy to find ,well lets see click on motherboards on ebay ,and you will prob get 20.000 items  now click on backboards for motherboards and see how many there is maybe 5.

if you see the picture on the left of the motherboard it shoes the box ,and when the seller stated it comes with the box and the static plastic would mean the seller has kept the box.

at the end of the day . the add is not clear enough ,which is what the buyer thinks ,ebay thinks, and even I think.  and the first 2 are the most important ones , even ebay is going to lose on payments.

now also remember this seller has edited the add after it went to auction ,what did he change /???? . 

to me a motherboard with nothing on it means ,no ram no cards no cpu,   which are add ons.

if people cant read it properly ,then the add is not good enough, you must be precise these days , with the changes of the policys .

and you would not be in my good books when you mention a red ferrari  ,everybody knows its a bmw,that come with motherboards

Message 12 of 54
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
There are no less than 200 back plates on ebay atm. Learn how to use Ebay. Secondly, I would not buy one off Ebay because they are easy to get for free.
Thirdly, having the box does not mean a clearly labeled USED motherboard comes with a backplate - this is from a lot of experience. It doesnt. Whether you find that ok or not is completely irrelevant to the fact.
Lastly, I did state I can see how the buyer could have assumed the back plate was included.

Exactly how much pot have you smoked in your life?
Message 13 of 54
Latest reply

200   well silly of me , i searched for back plates for motherboards mmmm

did they have one for this motherboard mmmmm

the seller does not have a back plate for this motherboard .I would say , as if he upgraded as he says ,why would he keep the back plate for ,its useless to him , 

what you should be asking yourself is what did the seller edit 1 day before the auction finished , and my friemd [gtx] you might get the answere on why his claim was rejected.

he even got a message does it come with cables software manual, which means 1 thing even more people were confused in the add.

just because you and some others knew what he was talking about ,it does not mean others do, as i said the main 2 peole did not undrstand his add , and thats why  its being rejected, so at least he knows how to word it again when he relists the motherboard ,

thank you gtx

Message 14 of 54
Latest reply

"what you should be asking yourself is what did the seller edit 1 day before the auction finished"

'

You can't change the description after a bid has been placed, if thats what your wondering.

I added a picture as requested. 🙂

This is clear to the 99% of the world with common sense.

Your in the 1%.

Message 15 of 54
Latest reply

well it cant be clear as we dont know when a bid was placed we also dont know which picture was added and so.

as i said these days you have to be 100% correct , as you can see the 1% are the most important ones  have a nice day.

Message 16 of 54
Latest reply

http://i.imgur.com/4aLp6kp.jpg

"as you can see the 1% are the most important ones  have a nice day."

Nah, they are just really stubborn.

You have a nice day too, mate! 🙂

Message 17 of 54
Latest reply

I dont think you understand ,I have nothing against you , all i am saying is to help you next time you list a motherboard , you only need 1 % of the buyers who dont understand what your add means , and if they are the winning buyers ,it will be a hassel , now in this case the buyer and ebay dont agree with your add, personly im on the fence 50/50 , now the easiest way out of this is send the buyer even in an envelope if it fits the back plate, which is no good to you anyway , for a couple of $$ postage and i think the buyer will be happy.

if not when you relist it you will know what to put down  have a nice day

Message 18 of 54
Latest reply

"you only need 1 % of the buyers who dont understand what your add means"

"Wont come with anything else."

What could that possibly mean?

Message 19 of 54
Latest reply

I understand you , but listen carefully , since your add you have had a querry on does it have cables does it have software does it have a manual querry about the photo , the buyer quering about the back-plate.  [do you get my point] and you can pull your hair out ,there are buyers who dont understand your add..

whay i dont understant is this[if the buyer was complainng that it did not have the back-plate ,why did you not put it in an envelope for $1 and send it to him ,to save your $125 order.

Message 20 of 54
Latest reply