Why is Ebay charging me a postage fee on items that are collected?

I think it VERY unfair of Ebay to be charging a post fee on items that are bought by locals and collected in person

and dont end up being posted.

Surely the fee should not be charged BEFORE the item has been marked as POSTED?

Lately I have had a number of my items collected & I have been charged this fee....how do I get a refund from Ebay?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Why is Ebay charging me a postage fee on items that are collected?

When they ask if they can pick up do you re-send invoice as local pickup ?
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

no...I don't  send a new invoice? I also dont get a chance....just checking on items sold today I am charged by ebay as soon as the auction ends..

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

How does ebay know the item was collected?

You need to send a new invoice to the buyer without postage costs on it before they pay. I don't think a buyer who is doing a pick up,  would pay the total on an invoice which includes postage.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

You can send an invoice any time as long as you haven't marked the item as paid. I don't usually send invoices for pick up items as usually no postage is quoted but for an item that would normally post you just need to send the invoice changing the postage amount to zero and then do not hit the recalculate button, just click on send. It doesn't matter if they have already been and collected.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

The FVF on postage is charged once the buyer goes through checkout and is charged based on the amount of postage on the invoice.

For pick ups you need to send an invoice with local pick - cost 0 in the postage field.

If the buyer goes through checkout and chooses bank deposit or other for payment. if the postage amount is still showing you will be charged a FVF on that amount.

I have checked my auctions from tonight and the FVF on postage has only been charged once they buyer has gone through checkout.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Ebay lost so many sellers after that hack and after lack aproach. Now they are trying to charge all seller from shipping cont to cover that loss. Regarding after they changed the fees structure to charge every seller and zeoro protection most sellers left ebay in the second wave . Somebody must pay the unskilled CS. Why not sellers lol Most of sellers left ebay regarding this aproach to another platform to boycot unfair ebay not boying and not selling here at all.

If you check how many views you can achieve over 7 day auction period you will see very low number and some views are from ebay security team what check your auction if there is nothing what violate the rules.

Big sellers here after that hack saw so huge fluctuation of buyers and when they made the sales in may $20 000 they made hardly in Jun $500 per month.

If you check the UK most what were seling here moved to amazon. Lower fees more serious buyers and smooth transactions....

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Yes I have had the same issue .its generally caused th buyer clicks paid in the auto I invoice sent to them even though they intend to pick up . I sent a request to eBay to refund this charge eplaining that it was a local pick up and ith charge was promptly credited
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

@lindaechidna wrote:

Ebay lost so many sellers after that hack and after lack aproach. Now they are trying to charge all seller from shipping cont to cover that loss. Regarding after they changed the fees structure to charge every seller and zeoro protection most sellers left ebay in the second wave . Somebody must pay the unskilled CS. Why not sellers lol Most of sellers left ebay regarding this aproach to another platform to boycot unfair ebay not boying and not selling here at all.

If you check how many views you can achieve over 7 day auction period you will see very low number and some views are from ebay security team what check your auction if there is nothing what violate the rules.

Big sellers here after that hack saw so huge fluctuation of buyers and when they made the sales in may $20 000 they made hardly in Jun $500 per month.

If you check the UK most what were seling here moved to amazon. Lower fees more serious buyers and smooth transactions....

lindaechidna -  Ebay certianly has some serious problems, with the recent hacking incedent emphasising the complete lack of site maintenence. There would be many buyers and sellers who would have taken the incident as a wake up call, with some choosing to move to other platforms. I dont think there has been a mass walk out at this stage as most sellers simply have no-where else to go. Ebay still offers the largest pool of buyers by miles. As soon as any competition for ebay starts to take off, ebay either buy them out or use other tactics to try to prevent competition.

My own sales took a fall of around 25% following the hacking but have been running above long term average recently. According to ebays latest financial results ( pre hacking incident ) the company is still seeing near double digit growth of user numbers and sales per annum. It would be interesting to see a break down of these figures to see how much of the growth in sales is coming from large corporate and China based sales and how much is coming from small home based businesses, such as those run by forum users.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

TRUE-

lindaechidna -  Ebay certianly has some serious problems, with the recent hacking incedent emphasising the complete lack of site maintenence. There would be many buyers and sellers who would have taken the incident as a wake up call, with MANYchoosing to move to other platforms.

FALSE- 

I dont think there has been a mass walk out at this stage as most sellers simply have no-where else to go. Ebay still offers the largest pool of buyers by miles. As soon as any competition for ebay starts to take off, ebay either buy them out or use other tactics to try to prevent competition.

My own sales took a fall of around 25% following the hacking but have been running above long term average recently. According to ebays latest financial results ( pre hacking incident ) the company is still seeing near double digit growth of user numbers and sales per annum. It would be interesting to see a break down of these figures to see how much of the growth in sales is coming from large corporate and China based sales and how much is coming from small home based businesses, such as those run by forum users.

And....we all know it too!

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply