Why wont buyers leave feedback?

Hi,

I always leave feedback when buyers pay for the item. When I post the items I always track them to make sure they get delivered. Just recently  the last 4 items I sold in particular  not one of the buyers have left me feedback. Why? Are they lazy or only want to receive and not give back

Does no one give a damn , For me its  courteous to say thanks received item.....

Should I send a message and say Hey saw the item was delievered hope your happy? Please leave feedback or should I forget about it and come to realisation no one has manners anymore

Its probably no one has manners -

Is everyone  looking for a cheap bargain for example

I had an item for sale last week 79.90 Buy It Now + 8.60 postage.

I received a msg will you accept $50. I answered No.

The next msg was whats your best price which I replied $79.90 + postage & I dont have make an offer on the item

Next msg was would your accept $65  - so I answered I would meet them half way $72 + 8.60 postage

Next msg $72 with free postage - I ended  the item - this person drove me to the edge, Im all for fair offers but some are ridiculous. Thanks to that buyer  I am having a total break from selling I have ended all my items

Ebay selling is perhaps not for me anymore,  I will continue to buy and leave feedback for the sellers. 

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Why wont buyers leave feedback?

Appreciate you answering. Thanks!
Message 21 of 56
Latest reply

To everyone who took the time to give me their opinions

I do appreciate it

Thank You Very Much!  Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 56
Latest reply

Of course, buyers who buy multiple lots at a time might be readier to leave feedback if they could leave it for

all those lots in one hit, instead of having to do it one lot at a time.

Message 23 of 56
Latest reply

But only one counts anyway.

Message 24 of 56
Latest reply

I know that, but (a) they still all show under your handle, not just the "scoring" ones, and (b) the buyer still gets hounded by ebay to do the rest of them.

Message 25 of 56
Latest reply

I have approx 4000 transactions but less than 1400 in feedback.

Honestly, it really doesn't bother me.

In the old days everyone was quick to leave feedback whether you were a seller or a buyer, but these days online shopping is so commonplace it's really unimportant, although as a seller you'll always hear if a buyer is unhappy with the sale.

My Ebay shop and my other shop on another platform are my livelihood - I would never stop selling or cancel my listings just because people make random offers on my items. If people annoy me I just add them to my blocked list and move on.

Also, I think buyers get feedback "fatigue". They just want to order, get the item and enjoy it. Most can't be bothered navigating back into the platform, finding the sale and writing a comment, especially if they do a lot of online shopping and order several things a week.

Message 26 of 56
Latest reply

You're welcome.

But next time you don't need to answer everyone individually.

You can just say thanks all for replying. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 27 of 56
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

Christ healed ten lepers and only one thanked him. Can you really expect to do better than that?

From now on, I will reference the Proportion of Grateful Healed Lepers (PGHL) principle when it comes to any questions regarding feedback. g_lol.gif

Message 28 of 56
Latest reply

rolling.gif

image host
Message 29 of 56
Latest reply

I hear you. Often we get to read the reverse, where buyers are upset if they don't get feedback from a seller.

I know feedback is voluntary but to me, it signals an attention to detail to finalise the transaction with feedback.

I also know people will say it makes no difference, especially if the someone who is complaining is a buyer, not a seller but of course people can be both and feedback can be a useful guide.

I don't know that people are failing to give you feedback because of a lack of manners. I'd say it is more because a lot of people, especially casual buyers, might not put a lot of value on feedback. How often have we read posts from buyers who come here with a problem and say they never thought to check feedback or where the seller was from or anything extra. So for a certain percentage of buyers, it is just not on their radar.

For other buyers, they may be aware they could leave it but it is a chore and maybe they don't pop into ebay all that often. They buy something, it comes, end of story maybe for a few months before they return.

Keep in mind that you're posting on a message board here. You're mixing with people who like to write. Who like to share their opinions.

Probably most of us would manage to give feedback even if we were in hospital with 2 broken arms.Smiley Very Happy

But we're not the norm. Lots of people hate to write, it's like pulling teeth.

Mind you,  if you make them angry or upset them or if they aren't happy, they'll be into feedback like a shot to vent.

That's why you you need to leave sleeping dogs lie, so to speak.

If they didn't leave feedback, then they're probably happy enough or at the most, only mildly not rapt.

Let them go, you'll get a certain percentage of feedback writers eventually. Sure to.

Message 30 of 56
Latest reply