Why would ayone list at 99c.

bjlcr
Community Member

I have a number of listings due for relisting.Ebay recommend I relist a 99c.Why ? Postage has to be included.So it has to be the value of the item plus postage.I'd rather throw things out than list at 99c...Things would be sold at that price .But i am not going to do it.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Hippy toes you havent sold anything on ebay and and your feedback is ZERO 

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

@billexploited wrote:

Errrr, for one it's Tippy Toes and second it's posting ID not a buying or selling ID.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

@billexploited wrote:

Ahhhh, yes, because someone who has never bought or sold anything on eBay would belong to a forum for something they know nothing about and have no interest in. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Pffft.

I'm sorry I tried to help. Don't come crying here if someone decides to neg you for excess postage.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

Hi everyone, the discussion is getting a little heated.  Please be sure to keep your communications civil.  Thanks!

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Bill said;

Hi Hippy toes unforntatley I've been quoted $14 from Australia post around Australia

------------------------------

I don't know exactly what the item is in terms of size/weight but I do believe you when you say postage for an item could very well be around the $14 mark. Even if it is a little under, by the time you pay for wrapping and ebay fees on postage, that could eat up the difference.

What I am wondering though is how you make a profit if you sell an item for 1 cent.

If you're not making a profit on postage then it wouldn't be worth your while, unless items went up a lot with bidding.

I think you would probably be as well off to list your item at $14 & free postage, would make people value the item more.

But I guess whatever works for you....

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

I think you would probably be as well off to list your item at $14 & free postage, would make people value the item more.

I agree.    I already mentioned that they had devalued their item

If you value your item at a rubbish price, then that is how it is perceived - as rubbish

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Items that sell at bargain prices often cause the most problems as they buyers have often bought them on impulse because they were cheap not necessarily because they really wanted it. So there is often buyer regret

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 27 of 27
Latest reply