another Aust Post Thread!

About two weeks ago I read on these boards somehwere that someone had read/heard that Aust Post were planning to not deliver mail in to new suburbs that pop up.  At that time I went to the Aust Post website and asked this question and just got a reply today.  Another person asked the same question around the same time.

I would have posted this on the thread that I had read back then . . . . but I can not locate that thread post.

Here is the webpage URL https://conversation.auspost.com.au/national?tool=qanda

Here are screen grabs showing my question and the other person's question as well as the Aust Post replies.

AP q 1.JPG

AP q 2.JPG

Spoiler
Now, off to that Aust Post website to ask about lodgement and ownership!   Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

la 

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: another Aust Post Thread!

@x3n0m wrote:

.the reason auspost had a bad year last financial year is because they comepletely bought out Quantas's 50% share in Startrack Express ..

You might want to get your facts right before mouthing off.

AP integrated AaE and StarTrack in 2011 and then purchased Qantas's 50% holding in StarTrack in 2012.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

This. I can't see how AP have "lost" if their parcels division is making an order of magnitude more than their mail division, and they don't owe anyone more than what they're making.

"I put $20 into a poker machine and got a $992 random jackpot yesterday, but I'm still behind because the machine didn't pay anything until the jackpot came up even though I left with nearly $1000 in pocket, but since the jackpot isn't part of the main game I still can't call it a win because I'm Australia Post!"
Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

Always wary of "loss" amounts .......... often it's a 'loss' on their ridiculous profit projection

For sure - typical corporate logic, which would never hold up against real logic (my brother, in one of his welding jobs, was continually told by the company bosses etc, that every time he completed 9 units in an hour instead of 10, he "lost" the company $80, where $80 was the full RRP of the items he was constructing). 

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

You might want to get your facts right before mouthing off.

AP integrated AaE and StarTrack in 2011 and then purchased Qantas's 50% holding in StarTrack in 2012.

.. auspost swapped their stake in their air express division with Qantas in Nov 2012 (which I hear used to carry a lot of standard letters as well where permissable) for Qantas's 50% stake in startrack express which explains why letter delivery is now days later than previously and also auspost spent the next year or two rebranding startrack express into ausposts operation .. incidentally we see Alan Joyce is now bragging that he has turned the fortunes of Qantas about while Ahmed Fahour is complaining about losses at auspost .. co-incidence? .. I think not .. what is required is a full audit of the curious auspost/startrack express operation/relationship and appropriate criminal charges laid where fraud is located .. also why the ACCC allowed this acquisition by auspost in the first place should be brought into question .. perhaps if Auspost has simply attempted to fulfill its responsibility as the Australian carrier of our mail and not some mainstream competitor to all comers to the courier and road transport business none of this mess would be occurring .. anyway I predict it is going to turn into an absolute clusterF and the Australian public will be the ultimate loosers. Call it mouthing off or ill informed but that is my take on it Lyndal .. I believe the audit would find that startrack express now charges auspost an absolute fortune to carry a few bags of letters here or there whereas it was done in a cost effective streamlined manner almost fully internally prior to corporatisation .. it is the old internal external client rort so well favoured by corporations .. have seen it before in major corprations and it is just dodgy dodgy dodgy and a way of transfering profit and loss legally .. things were much simpler and apparently profitable when auspost was just in the business of mail/parcel delivery and the manager of auspost was a public servant on $250,000 per year .. what we have now is just another corporate rort designed to rip off the Australian public and all the while fahour is imploring the government to simply cut it loose so that auspost can charge whatever they want or break it up and sell bits off or subsidise it as it goes under .. 

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply