another Aust Post Thread!

About two weeks ago I read on these boards somehwere that someone had read/heard that Aust Post were planning to not deliver mail in to new suburbs that pop up.  At that time I went to the Aust Post website and asked this question and just got a reply today.  Another person asked the same question around the same time.

I would have posted this on the thread that I had read back then . . . . but I can not locate that thread post.

Here is the webpage URL https://conversation.auspost.com.au/national?tool=qanda

Here are screen grabs showing my question and the other person's question as well as the Aust Post replies.

AP q 1.JPG

AP q 2.JPG

Spoiler
Now, off to that Aust Post website to ask about lodgement and ownership!   Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

la 

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Just a thought on the regular and priority postage system. Maybe AP plan to send the priority paid mail by air between states as they do for most regular large letters now, and send all economy class mail by road, which is much slower ????  This is the only logical way I can see for the system to work and would account for the higher cost for the faster postage. ( yes I know we already get air at the regular price now, but this is AP we are talking about ) .

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

As far as I can make out the PO plans on delivering the Priority mail 5 days a week and the Standard mail on 3 days a week.

Heaven only knows how it is going to work because I don't think the PO knows.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

As far as I can make out the PO plans on delivering the Priority mail 5 days a week and the Standard mail on 3 days a week.

So would that mean the mail will just bank up in post offices for a couple of days just to be delivered the same way every other day. The posties are still going to have to do their rounds every day to deliver the priority mail. How on earth can wharehousing mail for a couple of days, just to deliver it the same way, save money or be cost effective ???

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Just a thought on the regular and priority postage system. Maybe AP plan to send the priority paid mail by air between states as they do for most regular large letters now, and send all economy class mail by road, which is much slower ????  This is the only logical way I can see for the system to work and would account for the higher cost for the faster postage. ( yes I know we already get air at the regular price now, but this is AP we are talking about ) .

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

There is a rather unusual legal position regarding Aus Post and new suburbs (even existing ones I suppose).

I had a problem with delivery to a location in NT where the item was RTS.

Turns out that AP need approval from the local council before delivery services can occur.

Perhaps under certain circumstances said permission can also be withdrawn?

But in short, yes, there can be problems delivering to new susburbs though it is fortunately a very rare occurrence.

Usually these arrangements (permissions) are sorted out before mail deliveries are required.

If you have a customer who is experiencing difficulty receiving mail they should contact Aus Post.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

I asked the question on the Aust Post website to get a direct answer to something I had read on these boards.  I thought rather than having speculation and opinion, an Aust Post answer would be more valid and would diffuse any confusion surrounding the impending changes.

It appears that at about the same time someone else asked the same thing.  G'day "rowan" if you are reading this, thanks for asking AP the same question.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

So would that mean the mail will just bank up in post offices for a couple of days just to be delivered the same way every other day. The posties are still going to have to do their rounds every day to deliver the priority mail. How on earth can wharehousing mail for a couple of days, just to deliver it the same way, save money or be cost effective ???

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

at least they are quick to respond to your question   lol

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

at least they are quick to respond to your question   lol

yeah, 15 days!

That site is only for questions surrounding the impending changes and NOT for questions about lodgement and ownership.  You'll need to ask that question elsewhere joe!

This is another screen grab of what is on the site:

ap q 3.JPG

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Sorry chameleon I really don't know the answer and neither it appears do most of the post Masters/Mistresses that we have spoken to.

The post offices in Sydney CBD have been sorting the mail into Standard and Priority before it is collected from them for a while now, but no-one can tell us what happens to it once it is collected from the post office.

I will get my OH to ask again as soon as he can get hold of someone who might have a clue...maybe things have become clearer since it first started.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I agree. Is there going to be little piles of letters sitting in the post office each pile marked with a different delivery day? the idocy of the system is that the delivery man will in most cases be daily passing by the address for mail sitting in the PO. How much effort is required to stop his little motorcycle & lean off his backside to slip a letter in a box? And as already pointed out - how is this going to save/generate more money for the PO? Perhaps Malcolm has the answer?

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply