calculated postage no longer working, anyone else have this issue

I notice my calculated postage within ebay is no longer working, it just says cannot calculate please input a valid postcode, I try many but same thing, I havent modified any item details for some time. Ebay claim it has to do with restrictions on dimensions despite the fact it worked before and nothing has changed however adjustmnents of dimensions and weight yield no success. she then told me the resolution was to offer free postage, thats when it clicked, are they trying to force us to offer free postage by sabotaging the calculated postage option?

is anyone else having issues with this? due to size and weight free postage is not a good option as some areas could cost over $100 to send to.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: calculated postage no longer working, anyone else have this issue

Not surprisingly I got no follow up response from ebay after the initial phone call despite her stating she would take the matter further and investigate, poor service and false promises are to be expected from ebay, Glitches also however I'm more suspicious they are employing underhanded tactics like this to force us to offer free postage. Issue still hasnt worked itself out, between that and photobucket's ransom I am realising companies these days simply lack moral integrity.

Message 11 of 60
Latest reply

There are so many things going wrong on ebay at the moment that I think it is a stretch to single one more glitch out as being deliberate.

Message 12 of 60
Latest reply

Maybe, however I just dont trust ebay, I remember when they were pushing paypal on us there happened to be a 'glitch' with the system not showing bank account information leaving paypal as the only option, its a tactic to force people into a habit of using another proccess they may not utilise on their own accord.

Message 13 of 60
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

There are so many things going wrong on ebay at the moment that I think it is a stretch to single one more glitch out as being deliberate.

Maybe eBay should be looking at all the "glitches" on their platform (and we seem to be getting more and more all the time) and treat them as what they are, they're system failures across the board.

Surely by now alarm bells should be ringing for the eBay techs (michelle.oz are you reading this and have you seen the multiple threads on these so-called "glitches"?).....................

In all the years I've been on eBay I've never seen so many problems rear their heads in such a short period of time. I have no idea whether it's happening on all eBat sites, but it's certainly causing a lot of pain for all users of eBay in Australia.

Could this be the straw that breaks the camel's back??????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 60
Latest reply

Are other sellers still having issues with this? I am still getting asked about post cost and why I wont sell to certain areas of Australia, even though I do not have any blocks inplace...Cheers, Dave

Message 15 of 60
Latest reply

The calculator still isn't working for me - including one listing where it WAS working until very recently.

Message 16 of 60
Latest reply

@powersports57 wrote:

Are other sellers still having issues with this? 

There was this thread in the Answer Centre Dave, and I'm pretty sure there was another mention of the problem as well.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling-on-eBay/The-postage-calculator-in-my-listings-is-not-working...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 60
Latest reply

Thank you for the link. Cheers.
Message 18 of 60
Latest reply

It's been over a week, I rang Ebay 5 times. Some say there is a problem, some tell meI don't now how to list.

EVERYBODY MUST RING EBAY AND TELL THEM!!!!! If you dont' do this, the problem will not be fixed resulting in NO sales

because buyers tell me my listing says I dopn't post to their location.

RING EBAY and do it today.

Message 19 of 60
Latest reply

Same here. No postage cost displayed, only calculate. The calculator doesn't allow to enter post code. Often it shows I don't post to buyer's location. This effectivelly brings sales to zero. Called Ebay but off course never gpt back to me. All affected sellers need to call them.

Message 20 of 60
Latest reply