calculated postage no longer working, anyone else have this issue

I notice my calculated postage within ebay is no longer working, it just says cannot calculate please input a valid postcode, I try many but same thing, I havent modified any item details for some time. Ebay claim it has to do with restrictions on dimensions despite the fact it worked before and nothing has changed however adjustmnents of dimensions and weight yield no success. she then told me the resolution was to offer free postage, thats when it clicked, are they trying to force us to offer free postage by sabotaging the calculated postage option?

is anyone else having issues with this? due to size and weight free postage is not a good option as some areas could cost over $100 to send to.

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: calculated postage no longer working, anyone else have this issue

Thanks for the reply, I've got over 250 listings currently, which means alot of revising to do, which I don't have the time at present to undertake, and when the fix arrives, I'll have to revise listings back to original settings.I'm contemplating reducing my number of listings just to the main ones with watchers.Cheers Kane.

Message 41 of 60
Latest reply

I'm not listing anything new and will not revise anything either till the fix it. Two weeks of this. I get unbelievable emails from buyers like this one bellow.

I am trying to buy this item, but:

a) The calculator tells me my postcode (2046 - Russell Lea/Five Dock in Sydney) is incorrect. I tried re-entering it but made no difference. Please tell me the postage to 2046.
b) When I Buy It Now it tells me you do not post to my area and I will have to change my address.
c) Tells me that you are also on another ebay site and may not speak English.

Now it's not Friday night when ebay usually does its maintenance, so I don't know what can be going on here, from your excellent feedback it doesn't look as if anyone else has any problems. ๐Ÿ™‚ I've bought a few things from ebay in recent weeks without any trouble so I don't think it is me either.

Hope you can help sort this out,

Regards,

(user name deleted)

Message 42 of 60
Latest reply

You would not believe it !!! I asked e bay for a refund on my  monthly fees because of all the technical glitches and loss of sales and yes yes yes !! e  bay refunded me my monthly e bay store fee of $ 24.95, I'm shocked, knocked me for a sixer, ask and ye shall receive.They are still looking into the technical fix.I just spent 5 hours updating all my 250  listings to show the SOD fee $ 2.95 as a handling charge , and selecting parcel post only as the postage service (I had previously selected  parcel post and signature required), and now my listings are showing the postage, but don't know for how long, Hopefully my buyers will return, as least they can see postage instead of sending me messages asking for the rates.

Message 43 of 60
Latest reply

Hi Kane

You can actually do it as a single bulk edit from your My eBay 'Active Listings' screen.

1. Just select (i.e. tick) all your calculated postage listings and then click on the 'Edit' tab and select 'Edit selected'.

2. Then in the next screen that opens ('Edit Listings') select all the listings, click on 'Edit Fields' tab and select 'Postage (domestic)'.

3. From there you can change your selected postage service and then 'Submit' to apply to all the relevant listings in one action.

Shouldn't be much more than a 5-10 minute job, both to change the listings until eBay get around to actually fixing the underlying problem and then again to change them back once it does eventually get sorted out.

** Edit - just saw you posted your last message as I was writing the above message, but perhaps this suggestion will help next time if you need to change your listings back once problem is fixed. **

Message 44 of 60
Latest reply

Cheers for the update , all my listings apart from pick-ups  and set price postage where showing as calculated so I had to open them up to check what postage options I had.Good tip for next time I have to bulk edit.Thanks.

Message 45 of 60
Latest reply

Hey bygone

Just had a look at your listings and can see that every single one of them appears to be affected by this issue. Do you use calculated postage and Auspost + Signature delivery on ALL your listings (even small ones)? If not, how have you configured your postage selections?

Message 46 of 60
Latest reply

Hi Vibe. Yes, calculated postage to buyer area and sig on delivery. Have been doing this for years. It's not the only problem, I loose buyers because listing also tells them I don't ship to their location + the calculator isn't working either. It's just crazy.

I don't' really want to change listings and add the extra cost to handling. Buyers don't like handling fees. But you've mentioned bulk edit, thanks for that. I'll leave that as a last option. Who knows what might happen to edited listing when (if ever) Ebay fix the problem. I'll give them yet another call tomorrow see what they got to say.

Good you've told them to refund your store fee but it's only a drop in the bucket for all the time and money lost. It's been two weeks of this and in fact it's not been running right for several weeks till it collapsed completelly two weeks ego.

Worst is that Ebay doesn't even send any updates on the subject and they tiold me several times they will email and call me. Nothing.

Message 47 of 60
Latest reply

Well I've just tried to do the bulk edit. It doesn't work either. When I select any sevice, it just shows error. it won't let me put in any postal service in. So I'm screwed either way.

Message 48 of 60
Latest reply

I forgot to mention, my wife has her own basic account with only few listing. That doesn't work either. Same problem.

Message 49 of 60
Latest reply

Smiley Sad "groan!" Smiley Frustrated re the bulk edit function also fizzing out (c'mon ebay . . . pick up your game folks!!!)

Re the Handling Fee idea, you may not be aware that the Handling Fee amount is not made visible to the Buyer, it is simply added into the total calculated postage amount that is displayed to the Buyer. So adding the $2.95 'Signature' charge into the Handling Fee field simply results in the Buyer seeing the same calculated postage amount as if you had used the Auspost + Signature service by itself. From the Buyer's perspective there will be no difference at all other than the displayed postage service will not specifically mention the word "Signature".

Message 50 of 60
Latest reply