chanel products

Hello i have just sold some chanel products. All the products have chanel on them and state made in france. I sold them because they were cool tones and im warm tones. There were no misconceptions on my part. Now the buyer says they are not authenticated and wants a refund plus charge me postage return. I feel this is so wrong..the pictures i dusplayed is what she got. If i dont refund my name is tarnished. I have done nothing misleading. I offered $20 refund and she can keep products. I only charged $60 for all 5 products. I need help here. Do i have rights?? Sandy thorp 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

chanel products

Hi OP,

I would disregard the claim, or reply with saying the items are genuine, go and ask Chanel counter in a dept. store.

Why even give her any money?  Tell your buyer no refund, and if she even thinks of slandering you in a f/back claiming the items are fake without an irrevocable proof you'll report her straight to Chanel - let them deal with her for degrading publicly their products.

And paddy, OP doesn't have to prove anything, buyer would need a proof to back up her counterfeit claims.

Also, maybe you can't send counterfit stuff through the post, but who's to deem them as such? Post Office staff? Not only that, they would need to open the satchel and have a look and then somehow decide they are indeed counterfeit - as if.

Buyer got them just fine through the post to start with - and you are telling OP that she can't have them back the same way (not that she wants them back - why should she, she sold them, got paid, buyer got her items - end of story)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

chanel products

fixn, that is good news, if they are actually going to adhere to what the supervisor told you, I'll reserve my opinion until I see a few buyers and sellers come to the boards with their results on that.

TBH I'm sceptical that they will start to favor the sellers more than they have (a pityfully small percentage of the times) since the MBG first came out. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

chanel products

A classic case of eBay saying all the right things to purport to be objective and non-biased with regards to sellers/buyers. However in the real world we all know how these disputes almost invariably pan out!

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

chanel products

Unless you have a reciept from a Chanel store you won't be able to prove they're genuine Chanel products and the buyer is likely to win a case for "item not as described" if they open a case with eBay's "money back guarantee".

If they win the case eBay will refund them and probably tell them to keep the items as counterfeit products can't be sent through the post.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

chanel products

Hi OP,

I would disregard the claim, or reply with saying the items are genuine, go and ask Chanel counter in a dept. store.

Why even give her any money?  Tell your buyer no refund, and if she even thinks of slandering you in a f/back claiming the items are fake without an irrevocable proof you'll report her straight to Chanel - let them deal with her for degrading publicly their products.

And paddy, OP doesn't have to prove anything, buyer would need a proof to back up her counterfeit claims.

Also, maybe you can't send counterfit stuff through the post, but who's to deem them as such? Post Office staff? Not only that, they would need to open the satchel and have a look and then somehow decide they are indeed counterfeit - as if.

Buyer got them just fine through the post to start with - and you are telling OP that she can't have them back the same way (not that she wants them back - why should she, she sold them, got paid, buyer got her items - end of story)

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

chanel products

If the buyer opens a dispute then the OP will have to prove the items are genuine if she does not want the money taken from her account.   If it is an ebay dispute then she will probably lose the items too as ebay very rarely makes the buyer send the items back.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

chanel products

After this amount of time I would think that you would know that that is not how it works. 

Latest reply

chanel products

fixnwear is not a seller

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

chanel products

@imastawka wrote:

fixnwear is not a seller

Neither am I but I know how things work around here.....you only have to read the boards to know that the seller will probably be on the losing end of an ebay dispute.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

chanel products

I am not a seller - but a buyer of sometimes questionable  items.

OMG, that came out wrong!

You all know what I mean.

That is why I have spoken to Ebay quite recently about the event that something may not be authentic and this is how it works maranook:

There is no way that Ebay will instantly take the buyer's word - without a proof.

In the case of Chanel especially - as the fact that items were able to be listed, stay listed and sell without Chanel taking them down is almost a guarantee in itself. But if not, the buyer still needs proof - their opinion alone doesn't count for anything.

And they most certainly (or so they say) ever tell the buyer to keep the stuff and still help themselves with the seller's money.

If there is ever any ambiguity about anything - they refund the buyer, not the seller. Seller gets to kip his money and buyer then doesn't need to return the item.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

chanel products

If there is ever any ambiguity about anything - they refund the buyer, not the seller. Seller gets to kip his money and buyer then doesn't need to return the item.

shenanigans.jpg

Wanna buy a bridge?

What a CS rep says and what ebay does, are two different animals

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

chanel products

fixn, there was a case recently where a seller had sold 2 sets of high-end cutlery to a buyer in the US and eBay refunded without return on both items (with very questionable "proof"), and it was only after the seller kicked up a stink that they got the decision reversed on ONE of the claims, the other case the buyer was refunded and got to keep the items as well. So at best it's likely to be a 50/50 chance.

As the others have said eBay, with their MBG almost invariably sides with the buyer and the seller loses the money, and often the goods as well - then to add salt to the wound, gets a defect on their account on top of that.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply