dismal sales again

Ebay used to be pretty good for a couple of years then I had a bad few months last year, then sales and views picked up.I have spent hundreds of dollars on lovely new stock, my prices are very fair. but lately sales have suddenly dropped off again .I was trading at about 60% of this time last year, but now about 30% anyone else feeling left out ?

Message 1 of 82
Latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: dismal sales again

I have to agree Tippy my last two months have surpassed Xmas sales - once again collectables - Sales in 24 hours of over $600 - buyers are obviously still interested in their collectables and I have been having trouble keeping up with stock.

It is always about swings and roundabouts but I cannot complain so far for 2016 - doubled 2015 figures however I have doubled my listings also. Mine are all Buy it now 30 day listings.  Interesting point with auctions.

Message 31 of 82
Latest reply

what happened to that nice man tony abbott?

he was so good at making promises.

did no one like him because he ate raw onions?

mr turnupbull makes promises too but hes not as convincing.

mr turnupbull is the guy you most want to stick a pie in his face....for charity of course.

Message 32 of 82
Latest reply

He was caught smuggling budgies so they needed a new PM.

Looks like it will be the sex party this year, I don't have any hopes for either L party (although one could say that's happened for the past sixty years, if not more) and the greens will never win (and if they did, we'd probably be forcibly converted to raw vegans or something).
Message 33 of 82
Latest reply

i know its not funny but,

the woman who died on mount everest...saw an interview with her partner, he says, we were trying to prove that being vegan doesnt stop you doing things.

well that worked out well didn't it.

Message 34 of 82
Latest reply

Now that  someone has raised the Mt Everest attraction - I just dont get it - what's the big deal  to rampage up a mountain with a 50/50 chance of dying from lack of oxygen on its slopes, together with the dozens of others who are still up there. It's almost as bad as the current craziness for people to leap into Zoo cages to get friendly with tigers, lions et al. Has the world gone nuts?

Message 35 of 82
Latest reply

humans tend to take anything put up as being difficult once and cheapening it. 

look at the kakoda trail. good men died on that darn track, now we have every man and his dog doing it to 'prove themselves'

mount everest, hell whens the chair lift going in?

next i'm sure there will be day trips to the titanic.

bloomin richard branson wants to do trips into orbit. so every so often the rocket blows up, eh. i bet he's also got plans to take rich nobheads to the moon for picnics. hey look, i'm filthy rich, watch me write my name on the moons surface in my own pee!

Message 36 of 82
Latest reply

My sales are terrible too. Does anyone know if this "Lights on, Lights off" is true. Do they really make our things invisible to some parts of the country etc. It seems to me that they wouldnt BUT my sales look like something like that does happen! I practically only get sales on a Monday or Tuesday now - then nothing for the rest of the week 

Message 37 of 82
Latest reply

My sales have been stop/ start/ stop/start (but mostly stop !) for quite a while now & as a result I'm starting to believe the "lights off" theory as it was never like this in the past !

Since I don't know how to fix this - I just go with the flow and hope for the best (or a miracle) that the "lights off" theory is a figment of my imagination and sales will pick up one day, but in the meantime I feel for sellers that have invested a lot of money in stock and have no return for their efforts - that must be really devastating !!

Message 38 of 82
Latest reply

Something must be happening because on my other account  I've had an item listed for over 6 months that

used to get a max of 15 views per listing duration and as low as 3 but went to 24 yesterday and is up to 34 today,(I

have duplicates).

I sold one of the other items yesterday which normally was getting around 10 views but this one sold with 18

views on it after 3 days on a 7 day listing.

So view manipulation or lights on?

Message 39 of 82
Latest reply

Thats what I mean- it's just not even at all. All my sales are bunched into say a Sunday, Monday, Tues. Then nothing!! Sooo weird! I supply shops as well with our jewellery so lucky I'm not depending on Ebay sales only. But does anyone else experience this too? Where all your sales are all bunched up, like mine? Or are they spread roughly throughout the week?

Message 40 of 82
Latest reply