eBay liar liar pants on fire

I have just received another email today telling me eBay has:

Upgraded 26 of your detailed seller rating(s) to five stars

This is:

Rubbish

Carp

BS

False claim

According to eBays own records - INCONSISTENT THOUGH THEY MAY BE - I have NOT received 26 detailed seller ratings in the past 12 months that require upgrading.  No matter which way you count it .... unless we times the number of lower DSRs by three at a minimum and half a dozen currently AND add a few randoms for good measure.

This whole defect thing is now at a new level of out of control.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: eBay liar liar pants on fire

After they (maybe) read some irate emails from sellers about this, expect another email. Where eBay apologises for their mistake, rectifies the situation by upgrading all and any defects they said they did, and with credit for any that didn't yet exist... Wait, this is eBay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

I think eBay also  are planning on giving all sellers,  with feedback over 2500+,

a christmas present each.

I think it's either a $500 David Jones voucher,  or 3 nights accomadation up the Gold Coast  to each and every special seller.

It's eBay's way of saying,  THANK-YOU SELLERS for your 12 hour shiftwork,  and for giving us Cash Flow.  🙂

God Bless eBay!

and America.

😞

Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

I'm wondering if eBay knows the Australian law on discrimination with their defects & the sellers being defective?

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

Apparently there is a 'Part Two' email now going out - ok to the US at this stage, but probably won't be long before .com.au starts getting it too,  

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2014/11/1415235069.html

I had to laugh with the original email - 100% positive feedback, 0% defects.

eBay seems to think it was giving me something back that I'd never lost in the first place.  

I may be an aging blonde, but I still do know that 0+0 = 0

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

I too got the "protected" email, funny, after upgrading 285 of the detailed listings, I still have the same number of defects, which eBay will not remove, most of which are for postage time, as the buyer rates it on the time it takes Australia post to deliver to them (somewhere in outback NT!), despite the fact that we ship same business day if payment by 3pn AEST, and next business day if not, with no exceptions to our rule on this!!

I guess same day shipping is too slow for ebay!!

That being said, 99.99% of our buyers are great.

Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

lolobgo
Community Member

I got this on my other account: 

• Upgraded 6 of your detailed seller rating(s) to five stars

The problem i have with it is that my other account has 5/5 stars on EVERYTHING. and had 5/5 stars in the first place... 

So how the hell did they "upgrade" it?????

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

@peri-landlubber wrote:

I'm wondering if eBay knows the Australian law on discrimination with their defects & the sellers being defective?

I think they probably do, it would help to explain why they hand them out so indiscriminately. Smiley Wink

@5kazam wrote:

I may be an aging blonde, but I still do know that 0+0 = 0

You obviously don't use the same calculator ebay use then, as they keep coming up with 0+0 = '2' on theirs... >> http://image.dhgate.com/albu_327123309_00/1.0x0.jpg  Smiley Tongue

Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

Maybe that's why eBay encourages so many Chinese sellers - wonder if eBay have to pay for those abacus or if they are donated?

I thought that link was very apt!!!  Well posted.

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

Maybe that's why eBay encourages so many Chinese sellers - wonder if eBay have to pay for those abacus or if they are donated?

I thought that link was very apt!!!  Well posted.

They do so through necessity though, as they can't obtain their calculators locally, due to Australian manufactuers/suppliers/sellers etc being bound by Australian product safety laws ie. mandatory standards for toys for children up to and including 36 months of age, requiring they don't have small parts that can pose a potential choke hazard to the infant/toddlers using them.

For more, see Product Safety Australia (ACCC) https://www.productsafety.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/974860 or refer to the pertinent state/federal laws/acts relating to this eg. Trade Practices Act 1974 http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2008C00607

Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

You really are making me smile.

I do hope those responsible for the upgrading of our DSR's aren't at risk of the choke hazard....!!!

Message 30 of 35
Latest reply