eBay pays some "Mentors" to post on Community boards?

x3n0m
Community Member

I woulda kept this to myself except the constant scuttling of rodents about this place requires some kind of pest control ..

"It appears eBay is paying some people to respond to questions on its community discussion boards."

So hopefully that puts to rest the speculation about certain ebay cheerleaders about the place here .. it certainly explains why they actually live here and are so nasty to people who post about difficult topics here .. this corrupt empire is crumbling into a cesspool .. this would explain why it is so painful attempting any type of serious conversation on this seller board here ..

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2021/6/1623719450.html

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: eBay pays some "Mentors" to post on Community boards?

No evidence of cover tears, no evidence of provenance (conveniently covered by a bit of paper), no page tanning, which a 1st over 70 years old would almost certainly show. I call BS.

And the valuable 1st would be a hardcover, not a paperback.

Message 51 of 66
Latest reply

In fact, I can't find a paperback '1st' for more than $50.

Message 52 of 66
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

No evidence of cover tears, no evidence of provenance (conveniently covered by a bit of paper), no page tanning, which a 1st over 70 years old would almost certainly show. I call BS.

As usual, making grandiose statements about subjects you know nothing about. Anyone who knows anything about books will see all the clues they need in the photograph. So let me educate you a little ( and then you can apologise ) The clue is in the publisher. First print runs of the first edition where published by Geoffrey Bles, London. ( and yes it is hardcover ) That is enough proof for anyone who knows what they are talking about,   but they also had " First published 1950 " to the printers details. ( I will include a photo of that for you too ) Later paperback editions ( as you have called it ) where not published by Geoffrey Bless and didnt contain the date reference. As for condition it is a pearler inside isnt it.

You really should do a tiny bit of research before accusing me of lying.  The proof is already there for anyone to confirm with a simple 3 minute google search.

So please feel free to admit you where wrong anytime..... sound of crickets............someones gotta tell you. When it comes to responding to my posts, your'e carrying on like a total .......wit. Grow up and learn some manners.

Picture 43099.jpg

Message 53 of 66
Latest reply

that ebay mentor often carries on like a total

even funnier is their completely laughable sales

1657 items for sale and is lucky to make 65.00 before fees.

completely deluded and troll supreme

Message 54 of 66
Latest reply

that's 65$ a month, the green shed canberra where they source their stock -the salesman laughed so hard and promised to charge them more

Message 55 of 66
Latest reply

there are no mentors on the Australian boards. The mentor program runs on the USA boards.

Message 56 of 66
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

OK Down to business David.

I could have absolutely torn your post to shreds. Age toning on every book page over 70 years old ? , Provenance ( an individual books previous ownership and entire history including bookplates, purchase receipts etc. ) covered by a scrap of paper ....  ??? etc.  but I pulled my punches as I have long suspected this id is one of three you use for posting on the boards at different times. Not as glove puppets as is generally understood ( although only you would know if you use multiple identities to report posts you dont like to the moderators ) but simply whatever id suits you at the time. You can protest if you like, but whatever......  I,m not even going to bother debating this issue with you.

A couple of days ago I stumbled across the link that is enough proof for me and knowing the history of the other id,s it explains a lot. There may well be a genuine reason why your posts sometimes come across as abrupt and rude. You may be very suprised to learn I have even defended your posting style to other forum users in private messages at times. So all up if I,m correct I get it !!! 

But please refrain from calling me a liar. Everything I post here is true and on just about every occasion some-one has called BS over the years, I have been able to back it up with photographs of some sort to prove accuracy. So tone it down a bit in your responses to my posts and we will all get along fine.

Message 57 of 66
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.  Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. 🙂

Message 58 of 66
Latest reply

Your ' puppets ' are in the wrong drawer. 🤣

Message 59 of 66
Latest reply

What a ridiculous thread LOL

Message 60 of 66
Latest reply