eBay removed my listing, a banana plant Musa ‘Goldfinger’ because they say it’s a noxious weed

I was stunned when I saw a message from eBay saying:

Your listing was removed because you listed an item that is on the state noxious weed list.Some federal, state, and local laws prohibit the sale of certain types of plants or seeds that are considered "exotic" or "noxious" weeds. eBay urges its sellers and buyers to comply with all governmental laws and regulations. The Australian Department of Environment and Heritage prohibits the importation and interstate movement of federally defined noxious weeds, sellers are restricted in their listing of them on eBay.Please do not relist this item.

We encourage you to list items that follow our policies, so please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this information. Be sure that your current and future listings, including any items that are relisted automatically, follow these guidelines. If they don’t, they'll be removed and your fees may not be refunded. It could also result in additional actions, including loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay.

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

Here's a list of the item(s) that were removed:
302975616527 - Musa sapientum ‘Goldfinger’ Rare Variegated Banana Plant Fruit Tree

Is it me or is this just crazy? Also, what’s going to happen to the farmers in QLD with their banana, I mean noxious weed plantations? And I guess my memories of visiting ‘The Big Noxious Weed’ as a kid will be just that now, memories 🤪

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: eBay removed my listing, a banana plant Musa ‘Goldfinger’ because they say it’s a noxious weed

Captain Kirk approves KAHN - opens link - is kahn-fused

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply