ebay Survey email?

Just wondering did anyone else get an email today regarding a survey called "eBay Wants Your Feedback"

& is it legit?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

ebay Survey email?

I got it, but did not come through eBay messages, so I sent it to 'spoof@ebay.com'

If they say it is OK I will do it, but no reply from them yet.

Personally I don't think they will reply, even if it is legit.

They have never replied to me.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

Yes I had the same no eBay message & I sent it to spoof as well, but no reply yet, either.  

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

yes I got one too.  I used to do the eSayers Surveys a year or so ago and they do not come direct from ebay but thru the Market Survey company they employ to do such surveys.  Stokes Mische..... something.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

I completed it.

:-(:-(:_|

There will be a few threads I imagine bout the contents of this survey - some very interesting areas that ebay are exploring, none that will impress many I fear.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

Hi thecatspjs

Did you click on the link?

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

I got the survey too, I've had one before and I'm fairly sure they're legit (it's done by Stokes Michewski - if you google them you'll find their a legit market research company).

The focus of the survey is eBay charging fees on P&H like they do on other sites. 😞

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

And to top it off, I've caught the dreaded there / they're / their disease. :_| :_|

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

The focus of the survey is eBay charging fees on P&H like they do on other sites. 😞

Can't imagine them getting away with that one. They don't provide a handling or postage service, so I can't see how charging a commission on it would be legal in this country.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

Can't imagine them getting away with that one. They don't provide a handling or postage service, so I can't see how charging a commission on it would be legal in this country.

Maybe, maybe not, but my concern lies with the slow but sure unification of the sites - more recently extended to the visual as well as, wherever they can, policy and (occasionally) functionality ...or lack thereof. (eg cart, variant listing format, categories).

So, what if all these changes - the mixing in of international listings, the gradual implementation of US policy including things like TRS requirements, the international selling agreement, etc etc is to slowly bring about one, universal site and not have it be such a shock to the system?

Their latest ad campaign focusses on being able to buy brand new items worldwide. 

If you currently list on the US site, you're liable for all the US fees, what's legal in Oz doesn't come into it. 

Other options to fee restructuring posed by the survey:

Fee discounts based on sales volume.

Selected categories that (supposedly) have higher profit margins being charged more than categories that don't. 

They reasoned that charging fees on P&H would "level the playing field for sellers that have free postage" due to "sellers that undercut their competitors then make up for it with higher postage". I refute that, if on no other basis than sellers who list as free post are supposed to get a boost in Best Match, so why do they need the playing field to be levelled? 

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply