ebay Survey email?

Just wondering did anyone else get an email today regarding a survey called "eBay Wants Your Feedback"

& is it legit?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

ebay Survey email?

murphyszoo
Community Member

Yup, it is a legit survey, doesn't ask for your username or password.

Very clearly ebay is planning to charge FVF on both item and postage (much more time spent on this option than any other).

Ebay seem hell-bent on driving more and more nails into their coffin. They are determined to be just another Amazon - why oh why can't they see that their original concept (online garage sale) was truly unique (and still would be, if they stuck to it, instead of trying to chase Amazon's tail).

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

Whilst I use the FREE POST option from time to time on more expensive items, it is just not true, as at least some of the post cost are absorbed into the price of item.

I remain concerned that by stating post it is FREE, it is not being transparent, and is actually misleading to consumers.  I don't that ebay should go the road of making sellers adopt misleading trading practices.   

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

Thecatspjs, I agree entirely. And I have yet to find a customer that has stated they prefer "free post". My customers do want to know what post and packaging they are paying, how else do they judge whether it is worth buying my product or going down to spotlight and getting it there....

This is just another way for the landlord to make money for nothing.

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

Hi, I received the survey Email bearing the ebay logo, I usually only buy (not sell) on Ebay and so far the people I have bought from are great along with Ebay staff. As the survey did not ask for any personal details (only male or female and age group) so it was no problem.

Occasionally I do receive Spam Emails from others, you can usually tell as the Logo or graphic (in many cases not even my bank) usually looks like **bleep** and the spelling looks like a foreign non-English speaking person has put it through an on-line translator (since when did a moron pronounce the word "I" as lower case "i".

So in an effort to return their request for my bank details I usually send details such as Name: Adolph Hitler  Address 39 Dunce Avenue. Stupid Town. Zip Code 1111 Credit card number  1234 5678 9012 3456  Amount in account  $10,000,000.00

Guess what? They usually Email me back, Politely (in back to front English Translation) thanking me for all my help and that they will fix up my account  "El Pronto".

So next time you should get a Spam Email, have some fun and take the Dumb suckers for a ride they won't forget. Or better still cough on your computer keyboard and send them a Virus.

Keep smiling and I hope U never get spammed or scammed.

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

I tried something like this with the Indian accents that call you up saying they are from Windows Techincal Services.

Of course its a well known scam attempt.

I strung them out saying that my computer was very slow to start up and they would have to wait about 15-20 minutes until it started up They did wait but not for 20minutes. I figured if I was causing them delay they were leaving someone else alone.

But doing this must have really peeved them. We started getting absolute floods of phone calls from them.

Sometimes at 3am in the morning. We had to trun our phones off overnight.

In the end we blocked all calls that come from a silent number and that stopped them.

So if you do something to peeve them then maybe you will get bulk spammed or something.

I think its best to ignore or simply hang up on them.

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

That is really quality input. 19 MONTHS after the last post in this thread.

And while you're having your fun, you have proven to them that your email is a live, active one. Which is mainly what they are after.

Congratulations.

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

How long has it been since you sent the email
Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

@mummybates11 wrote:

They sent it nearly 5 years ago,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

If replying to a thread please check when the content of the thread was first published and last replied to,(

they are all date stamped).
Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

@mummybates11 wrote:

mummy, firstly, welcome to the boards.

Secondly, hint for new posters is to look at the date of the post they are replying to. The post you are replying to is just about 5 years old . . . . . so if the Opening Poster was to answer your question they would say something like "47 months". However, mccrae has not posted on the boards for the last two years.

Thirdly, the Opening Poster received an email, not sent an email.

edit: kopes, I got distracted while typing my reply, so you beat me to posting

GO TIGERS!

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

ebay Survey email?

sorry taz, for some reason I thought kopes had replied just before me.  Seniors moment?

edit: and it took me half an hour to realise

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply