ebay and ParcelPoint executives very hungry ..

x3n0m
Community Member

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Chat-with-eBay-staff/Managing-Returns-on-eBay-Thursday-20-July/m-p/2...

ParcelPoint returns are getting rammed down Australian ebay seller's throats and there is no apparent payment schedule in place .. perhaps I should of asked when they are going to kick this-thing/us in the guts ..

According to the ebay representative I spoke with there's more info on the pricing here: http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/content/parcelpoint-returns

I can't see anything .. or is that nothing to see here? ..

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Well I for one would be very interested in using the 1kg size to Send if possible?

Beats the heck out of the AP $12+ alternative for this weight class.

Being Fastway, any sorting or long distance distrib will be by AP anyway.

When I looked at the Parcel Point site though, it didn't give any indication of areas (local or remote by postcode)

Message 11 of 33
Latest reply

When did Fastway start using AP for sorting and distance deliveries?

Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

Well I for one would be very interested in using the 1kg size to Send if possible?

Beats the heck out of the AP $12+ alternative for this weight class.

Being Fastway, any sorting or long distance distrib will be by AP anyway.

When I looked at the Parcel Point site though, it didn't give any indication of areas (local or remote by postcode)

AP have provided a 1kg satchel, for $10.95, for several months now. Not to mention B1 boxes, through eBay, for $7.40 + box for several years.

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

@x3n0m wrote:

Those ParcelPoint rates look good and I will say that you have clarified the forced upon side of things as at first glance the initial answer appeared to suggest the buyer could force me to pay for a return by what I assumed would be a far more expensive method than is currently available to me via auspost .. I must say your answer has in fact cleared up many of my doubts about this service .. I was thinking I would need to get a PO box just so I could avoid ParcelPoint returns (not that returns is actually part of my business model, just without an obvious price schedule I certainly did not trust that the rates would in fact be reasonable if or when I do require an item to be returned etc) ..

Now why can't we send by parcelpoint also? .. why only returns? I am about to post off a 5.2 kilo parcel that would almost fit into a BX4 PostPack parcel (would fit into carry on luggage size though) and yet it is costing me about $22 to post it approximately 100KM to a capital city via auspost so I would imagine any relief from that sort of pricing would be most welcome .. or perhaps there is some deal between ebay and auspost that puts ebay assisted ParcelPoint posting off the table? .. not saying I wish to see auspost harmed but think that if Australian ebay sellers can get these ParcelPoint rates for sending items it could help sellers keep prices lower for buyers and thus help smaller Australian ebay sellers compete with offshore sellers who are now dominating Australian mail order due to their cheaper postage rates to penetrate our market space ..

I will say I have also done a few minor investigations into parcelpoint in the last few days and have not turned up anything "bad" so will try and keep an open mind on this ..

I do appreciate your response Michelleoz .. My apologies to any injured parties for jumping the gun so to speak and your answer has certainly put my mind at ease over this upcoming ebay feature ..

Happy to hear and thanks for the call out on fees. We're working to get the fee schedule added to our Seller Centre page so you should see that update in the coming days.

Regards

Michelle

Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Thank you for your reply Michelle.  As x3n0m has already said, it is quite helpful.

Can you please confirm which Courier is offering the service and will be doing the pickups/deliveries.

This information may help x3n0m....if he cannot send through the ParcelPoint service he may be able to approach the courier directly to try and get similar rates.

IMO the courier involved may make a difference to people's decision as to whether to use it or not.

Hi lyndal1838,

Good question, it's my understanding that ParcelPoint actually works with multiple major freight carriers in the market. 

Regards

Michelle

Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

I think it's important to know which carriers will be used. Some are really bad, some are atrocious. Far better to stick with the really bad ones and ditch the atrocious ones! Customers should know who they are entrusting the package with. It helps them know if it will actually arrive in one piece.....or even at all.

Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

.. ie - if by using ParcelPoint there is a possibility that Fastway could be used as a possible delivery courier - i think most sellers would avoid it like the plague. 

Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

I'm in country Vic so it's pointless for me us to use them,(cost prohibitive).

So I definitively wont be adding a free service for buyers if they make a mistake,(if they make the mistake

they should pay for the return or "suck" it up).stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I think it's important to know which carriers will be used. Some are really bad, some are atrocious. Far better to stick with the really bad ones and ditch the atrocious ones! Customers should know who they are entrusting the package with. It helps them know if it will actually arrive in one piece.....or even at all.

Hi tippy,

You can see the carriers they work with here - https://business.parcelpoint.com.au/portfolio. Their carrier partners listed are Couriers Please, Fastway, TNT and Toll.

Regards

Michelle

Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

Thanks Michelle....very helpful information.

As I suspected, Fastway is involved so stand by for the dissatisfaction meter to soar.  Couriers Please is not much better.

Message 20 of 33
Latest reply