ebay and ParcelPoint executives very hungry ..

x3n0m
Community Member

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Chat-with-eBay-staff/Managing-Returns-on-eBay-Thursday-20-July/m-p/2...

ParcelPoint returns are getting rammed down Australian ebay seller's throats and there is no apparent payment schedule in place .. perhaps I should of asked when they are going to kick this-thing/us in the guts ..

According to the ebay representative I spoke with there's more info on the pricing here: http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/content/parcelpoint-returns

I can't see anything .. or is that nothing to see here? ..

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I can't believe you lied to me Michelleoz, am sure that your corrupt corporate master spoonfed you those BS rates .. you had me on the backfoot apologising!!!!! .. I am including a screenshot of the real parcelpoint rates in this post.. so it would appear after all the jiggery pokery my first instincts are correct .. at this moment in time ebay are offering this rippoff service to a buyer who wants to send me the wrong item back (not the item I sent) a return that costs me more than twice what I paid to send it .. to say the situation is deplorable is an understatement .. obviously will be winding down all trading on ebay from this point forwards ..

it seems the prices you quoted which sounded reasonable have now spiralled out of control and are now over double .. no use contacting anyone over this (like the ACCC) as realise your american chamber of commerce rats are a protected species and us aussies are just here to ripped off blind at every turn!!!

here is what you quoted me MichelleOZ:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

On the points raised about fees, the irony here is that the ‘transparency of fees’ would highlight the competitiveness of the ParcelPoint offering which is often cheaper than the alternatives. Here’s what the fee schedule looks like:

ParcelPoint Returns prices (inclusive of GST) are as follows:

500g     $6.95    
    1kg       $8.95    
    3kg       $10.95
    5kg       $13.95
    10kg     $15.95

"-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can see the "real" parcelpoint rates in this screenshot .. this is an insult every which way I look at it and obviously signals the end of a longterm ebay seller experience on ebay as obviously is not good being ripped off so frequently especially when I bend over backards to be fair .. this month 2 of my ebay transactions have been suspicious and have only sold 4 items (oh no suspicious is the wrong word .. the reality is they are blatant rippoffs .. one item "lost" in post (a letter) and now a buyer who wants to return something that I didn't send!!!! via the most expensive parcel service in the country!!! which ebay spuiks and has taken under their protective American Chamber of Commerce wing) .. to say the situation is deplorable is an understatement ..

THE REAL PARCELPOINT RATES ARE:

500g     $14.95    
    1kg       $17.95    
    3kg       $21.95
    5kg       $25.95
    10kg     $27.95

the situation here on ebay as an honest seller is now beyond grotesque .. feel free to copy and paste and name and shame wherever you want (including Australian MEDIA!!!) .. ebay have now opened the floodgate and have used an official mouthpiece to spread lies and misinformation here on a public board they control so expect this post will dissapear fast now) .. the truth about this company and their vile corporate parasite affiliations and policies needs to be spread far and wide ..like I said the ACCC will not step in .. these yankees are a protected species and get to disrupt every industry to the point where we can no longer function as a country .. YANKEE GO HOME!!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

and the bS that ebay has put me through over trying to facilitate a refund to this buyer who wants to return an item I didn't even send has now put me off using paypal .. I can't even issue a damed refund and get this behind me as my buyer has innitiated a return item request .. sorry but this is demented **bleep** and all unnecessary and is treating me as a criminal and I am at a loss to understand what is going on .. I am actually thinking my buyer is confusing me with someone else .. anyway no way of telling what is going on as when I go to look at the refund request link it takes me to a login screen in another language (german by the looks of it!!!) .. I just want to see if my buyer has sent pics of this mysterious item they want me to refund on and return to me .. this website is pathetic .. seriously am going to have to give this place the flick .. I have no choice in the matter .. simple arithmetic says time to get the hell out of Dodge .. this website is a nightmare .. good riddance .. hey shove your american monopoly practices garbage where the sun don't shine .. it is over .. all this headache .. the buyer said they will send a picture but I can't even view the progress of the return process .. **bleep**en paypal in negative balance, can't refund buyer, click the wrong button and get stiffed with a parcelpoint return fee on top of everything else .. what is this **bleep**? **bleep** you ebay!!!

View solution in original post

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

i couldn't see anything there either..

though, on this page http://pages2.ebay.com.au/parcelpoint-returns - i did see the part where it says..

How much does it cost to return an item with ParcelPoint?

The cost depends on the size and weight of package you're returning, and whether you're dropping the item off or having it picked up. Drop-off prices start at $6.95 for 500g. Courier pick-up may incur a small additional fee.

You'll see pricing information when you book your return on the ParcelPoint website. Make sure you select the correct parcel size and weight to avoid any delays or extra charges.

funnily enough though, the ParcelPoint website has no pricing information on it either - so I guess the only way to find out is when the return process actually takes place and booking is commenced through the website. doesn't encourage sellers to be willing participants if you ask me.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Don't you just love this, which appears on the page of your second link:

Tip

Buyers are 46% more likely to buy with the added security of Free Returns so why not go a step further and offer Free Returns.

Wonder where they got such a precise figure of 46%?

Free returns???? - tell 'em they're dreamin'.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

"Drop-off prices start at $6.95 for 500g."

... its obviously some kind of code .. hmmm let me ponder it a bit .. okay I am going to try and translate that line of code for you:

("Drop-off prices start at $6.95 for 500g.") = ("there are some other value added fees on top of "drop off" prices for example; packing, addressing, handling time, packaging costs and postage .. it should be quite the buffet luncheon ..") give or take $(x)

not sure about the rest of it .. looks like some kind of alien language .. weird stuff anyway .. but thanks for the copy and paste .. should help people work out what is going on now with ParcelPoint .. sounds wonderful on that planet ..

ah ha .. cracked another line of code here ..

("Courier pick-up may incur a small additional fee.) = (Courier pick-up will incur a large additional fee.)

maybe we could work our way through it ..

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

@lm-entertainment wrote:

i couldn't see anything there either..

though, on this page http://pages2.ebay.com.au/parcelpoint-returns - i did see the part where it says..

How much does it cost to return an item with ParcelPoint?

The cost depends on the size and weight of package you're returning, and whether you're dropping the item off or having it picked up. Drop-off prices start at $6.95 for 500g. Courier pick-up may incur a small additional fee.

You'll see pricing information when you book your return on the ParcelPoint website. Make sure you select the correct parcel size and weight to avoid any delays or extra charges.

funnily enough though, the ParcelPoint website has no pricing information on it either - so I guess the only way to find out is when the return process actually takes place and booking is commenced through the website. doesn't encourage sellers to be willing participants if you ask me.

The only thing on their Parcelpoint Shop & Collectl site seems to be:

• Easy pick up 14 days, early or late
  • $2.95 per parcel including up to $100 insurance

https://parcelpoint.com.au/shop-and-collect

So it does sound as if eBay are doing a deal with them,(they deliver parcels at $2.95 but if it's an eBay

return then the price rockets to $6.95 minimum).

So an even share would be $2 per parcel,(so off course they are going to promote it),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Guess who's going to get shafted?

I've sent Feedback to Parcelpoint requesting some sort of pay scale as sellers wont want to fill out a full form

before they get to the amount that it's going to cost,(whether I get anything back might show what sort of

customer service they have).

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

i'm wondering tazz if that $2.95 is just the cost for the end-user getting the parcel delivered to a parcel point location. i assume that they still shop online and either pay for postage + the cost of the item to the store they purchase from or the store pays the postage fee?

whereas, i assume in the case with ebay - the price which is being paid is the actual postage fee because they're doing the end-to-end service (plus possibly including courier) seeing as the item was already purchased previously and has been posted to the buyer?

just a thought.  

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

From my investigations it seems that if a customer has a parcel delivered to a ParcelPoint location for pickup it will cost them $2.95 to collect that parcel.

Most ParcelPoint locations in my area are Newsagents, Chemists and Convenience stores.

Most ParcelPoint locations are also agents for Fastway ParcelCollect and those poor sods who elect to pick up a parcel delivered by Fastway will pay $5.50 for the "convenience" of travelling to get their parcel.

I think it is a good bet that if Fastway use these agent they are also going to be the courier who picks up the items being returned to ebay.

Make what you will of thie information but be warned....it will cost you or your customers.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

Hi x3n0m,

I want to provide some answers and clear up a few misconceptions regarding the ParcelPoint returns service that appear in this thread.

You’ve raised a good point regarding fee transparency for the service. We’ve spoken with ParcelPoint and both eBay and ParcelPoint will work to make the fee schedule more accessible for buyers and sellers - so you don't have to start the process of a return in order to understand the fees.

I am a little concerned however about your comments that the service is being forced on you and I’m keen to understand what has led you to believe this?

Let me provide some clarity on the service and why it has been introduced.

The most important point for me to make is that ParcelPoint is not being forced on buyers or sellers. The service is provided as an option to whoever is responsible for return postage costs and is only given as one of the available options when we know;

1. The buyer is located in a ParcelPoint serviceable area and
  2. The seller doesn’t have a PO Box, Parcel Locker or Locked Bag for the item to be returned to and
  3. The item being returned meets size and eligibility criteria.

When the ParcelPoint option is available;

If the buyer is responsible for return postage costs, it’s naturally their choice whether they use it or not. It’s important to understand the item is delivered back to the sellers’ specified return address, not to a ParcelPoint pickup location

If the seller is responsible for return postage costs, it’s naturally their choice whether they use it or not. Again, it’s important to understand the buyer will be required to send the item back (by dropping it at a drop-off location) and the item will be delivered to the sellers’ specified return address, not a ParcelPoint pickup location.

Ultimately, regardless of which service is used for returning an item, the result is the same for the seller - the item is sent back to their specified return address.

On the points raised about fees, the irony here is that the ‘transparency of fees’ would highlight the competitiveness of the ParcelPoint offering which is often cheaper than the alternatives. Here’s what the fee schedule looks like:

ParcelPoint Returns prices (inclusive of GST) are as follows:

• 500g     $6.95    
  • 1kg       $8.95    
  • 3kg       $10.95
  • 5kg       $13.95
  • 10kg     $15.95

These prices cover returns between metropolitan and major regional areas, including interstate returns (e.g. Sydney to Perth)A remote location surcharge of up to $12.00 may apply if the seller is located in a remote area.  This is made clear when a buyer or seller decides to use and pay for the service, so there are no hidden fees or surprises.

It’s also really important to understand that eBay is not adding any additional charges. eBay benefits from this service by reducing bad buying and selling experiences in better facilitating returns. More options and easy access to buy and print postage labels for those returns removes friction.

ParcelPoint obviously benefits from increased exposure and use of their service, it’s really that simple.

I hope this helps you better understand the reasons this service has been introduced.

Regards

Michelle

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Those ParcelPoint rates look good and I will say that you have clarified the forced upon side of things as at first glance the initial answer appeared to suggest the buyer could force me to pay for a return by what I assumed would be a far more expensive method than is currently available to me via auspost .. I must say your answer has in fact cleared up many of my doubts about this service .. I was thinking I would need to get a PO box just so I could avoid ParcelPoint returns (not that returns is actually part of my business model, just without an obvious price schedule I certainly did not trust that the rates would in fact be reasonable if or when I do require an item to be returned etc) ..

Now why can't we send by parcelpoint also? .. why only returns? I am about to post off a 5.2 kilo parcel that would almost fit into a BX4 PostPack parcel (would fit into carry on luggage size though) and yet it is costing me about $22 to post it approximately 100KM to a capital city via auspost so I would imagine any relief from that sort of pricing would be most welcome .. or perhaps there is some deal between ebay and auspost that puts ebay assisted ParcelPoint posting off the table? .. not saying I wish to see auspost harmed but think that if Australian ebay sellers can get these ParcelPoint rates for sending items it could help sellers keep prices lower for buyers and thus help smaller Australian ebay sellers compete with offshore sellers who are now dominating Australian mail order due to their cheaper postage rates to penetrate our market space ..

I will say I have also done a few minor investigations into parcelpoint in the last few days and have not turned up anything "bad" so will try and keep an open mind on this ..

I do appreciate your response Michelleoz .. My apologies to any injured parties for jumping the gun so to speak and your answer has certainly put my mind at ease over this upcoming ebay feature ..

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply Michelle.  As x3n0m has already said, it is quite helpful.

Can you please confirm which Courier is offering the service and will be doing the pickups/deliveries.

This information may help x3n0m....if he cannot send through the ParcelPoint service he may be able to approach the courier directly to try and get similar rates.

IMO the courier involved may make a difference to people's decision as to whether to use it or not.

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply