ebay and paypal hold on money

Hello,  Ebay and Paypal have placed holds on all my money for up to 21 days or sometimes more which is making it impossible for me to send my items I sold off in time because I am on a disability Pension which means I dont have spare money for postage.  I also cannot pay my Ebay fees which are due and cant refund a customer who says one of my videos I sent does not work,  

I do not see what right they have to put this money on hold and make it impossible to send the items off.  I have contacted an apparent ebay supervisor and got absolutely nowhere.  In what world does a person have a sale and be expected to be able to send off an item within 2 business days without the money from the sale.  They even told me i should just shut my account and find another selling carriage to sell but they have monopolized it all and made it so they are basically one of the only places to sell items like I have for sale.  I am getting absolutely nowhere and have bad anxiety with this.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

The kettle calls the teapot black.

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

4channel, you will not be able to see the specific posts to which I referred. They appear to have been deleted by the moderators. (I'm not surprised, as one of them in particular was legally actionable and conveyed a serious and very nasty defamatory comment for which there was no basis.)

I think there may be some people who come to the boards wanting emotional support or affirmation, but oftentimes that won't actually help to fix the situation. It can be frustrating to know there's a remedy at hand, if only the poster will follow it - to get back their money, to minimise false claims, to protect themselves from scams, etc. - yet the poster may become offended by the tone of some responses.

I like receiving friendly help in an empathetic tone, but sometimes the best and most accurate advice is laid out without adornment - bam! bam! bam! - the right steps to take when things go wrong! I truly, truly would rather receive the accurate and experienced advice even if it were given to me with a snide sneer, than kind laments and vocal outrage at how eBay did this or that or the other. If I ask for advice, that's what I want. Advice. It can be a bit like medicine - it's not delicious, but it helps.

Anyway - given all of that, I love the people here! It would take too much time to delineate all the individual quirks and qualities, but these are not just a great resource; they're people with a potpourri of admirable qualities.

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

4channel, you will not be able to see the specific posts to which I referred. They appear to have been deleted by the moderators. (I'm not surprised, as one of them in particular was legally actionable and conveyed a serious and very nasty defamatory comment for which there was no basis.)

I think there may be some people who come to the boards wanting emotional support or affirmation, but oftentimes that won't actually help to fix the situation. It can be frustrating to know there's a remedy at hand, if only the poster will follow it - to get back their money, to minimise false claims, to protect themselves from scams, etc. - yet the poster may become offended by the tone of some responses.

Yes, here may be some folks coming here to get a little sympathy after being taken to the cleaners or after having a horrific experience. Since I have been posting here for about a year or so or less, I have seen deliberate attempts to flame and outright attacks on people by this core bunch of bullies. That doesn't help the situation at all.

@countessalmirena wrote:

I like receiving friendly help in an empathetic tone, but sometimes the best and most accurate advice is laid out without adornment - bam! bam! bam! - the right steps to take when things go wrong! I truly, truly would rather receive the accurate and experienced advice even if it were given to me with a snide sneer, than kind laments and vocal outrage at how eBay did this or that or the other. If I ask for advice, that's what I want. Advice. It can be a bit like medicine - it's not delicious, but it helps.

Anyway - given all of that, I love the people here! It would take too much time to delineate all the individual quirks and qualities, but these are not just a great resource; they're people with a potpourri of admirable qualities.

While it's best to have advice rather than a sugar coated toned-down version of the truth, that's not what I am talking about. I'm talking about outright attacks on buyers who have come to vent some and also add to the discusion

There is a member here, a long term member who outright lied about what another member here said. This was to discredit another member. I pointed this out on the thread and then later my post, the offending post was deleted.   This is something I have never done!

I admit once that I got my facts wrong and charged like a bull at a gate, but I have never deliberately sought to discredit a member because I disagree with their point of view.

There are some people here who have a belief that people don't have a right to express their pov.

Anyway, thanks for your input. Always good to hear your angle.

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply