ebay told me best match have problem, and the premium service system goes wrong

i have been to ebay office on the level 23, 1 york st, sydney, they have contacted the ebay united state technical team, they have told me the best match system have problem, they probably will fix it.  The ranking of my listing is dropped from this week monday, and i can not sell many items out, before i can sell 300+ items easily, currently i only sell 50 items. more than 80% sales drop. if you have the same problem for the best match and listing ranking, please reply this message, we can organise to be a group to beat with ebay about the best mactch problem..

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: ebay told me best match have problem, and the premium service system goes wrong

best match system has decreased my business in 1/2 Australian sellers have major disavantages

post cost , $1000 oversea's purchase limits on GST  duty fee's if something is not done about it there will be very little selling done from Australian ebay sites from this country

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Re: ebay told me best match have problem, and the premium service system goes wrong

Try selling in Australia to Australia?

if you have issues with customs as a seller then you are a dropshipper, and all the issues attendant thereto should be addressed in your business model. No sympathy here. I'm a REAl seller - all my stock is already in country.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

That's us too Dave. Our stock is 100% in Oz. And mostly hand-made by my good wife. Although we do buy our raw materials mostly from China. And all profits stay here in Oz. Apart from the obvious of buying our materials.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

You are right. ebay don't wanna fix this issue. They have updated me today and said there's nothing wrong with best match and the issue could be caused by my feedback number although I have 100% in feedback percentage. I have to close the store now.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@crazyapple-store wrote:

i have been to ebay office on the level 23, 1 york st, sydney, they have contacted the ebay united state technical team, they have told me the best match system have problem, they probably will fix it.  The ranking of my listing is dropped from this week monday, and i can not sell many items out, before i can sell 300+ items easily, currently i only sell 50 items. more than 80% sales drop. if you have the same problem for the best match and listing ranking, please reply this message, we can organise to be a group to beat with ebay about the best mactch problem..

could you please let us know if eBay have fixed the best match rank problem for you? thanks

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

I think best match is totally random, I'm a small seller with no top rating or free shipping and recently listed some buy it now items on a different ID, to my total surprise (and delight) 3 of them appeared on the first page of best match the next day. They've disappeared now though Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

@wendy_collection wrote:

@crazyapple-store wrote:

could you please let us know if eBay have fixed the best match rank problem for you? thanks

Best match has not changed since it was introduced....it is as useless as ever and as a buyer I would never use it.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply