has eBay management lost the plot

hi can anyone explain has ebay mangemant  has lost the plot of running e bay 

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: has eBay management lost the plot

If they are a Chinese registered seller then ebay AU cannot take any action against them. Outside their jurisdiction.

All they can do is pass on your report to their country of registration, if they can be bothered to.

Then its up to ebay CN to take the action, if they can be bothered to.

So this is whay you really are wasting time reporting Chinese registered sellers as nothing will ever happen.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

If they are a Chinese registered seller then ebay AU cannot take any action against them. Outside their jurisdiction.

All they can do is pass on your report to their country of registration, if they can be bothered to.

So this is whay you really are wasting time reporting Chinese registered sellers as nothing will ever happen.

It all depends how you report them.

Don't use the links on the report function in the listings,(they are a waste of time).

Report via the Help & Contact option at the top of any eBay page.

Then use the Contact us option > hover over Reporting a member and then select Reporting a member from

the list that comes up and select the Email option.

I've had a number of their listings removed lately including the latest where they had a low listing price on

variation listings but the actual pictured items were far more,(the low price was for a cardboard box),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

As long as there is a minute change between the listing they don't seem to take action on Chinese sellers,(

but if they were reported by others as well then they would be actioned),good.gif

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Buyers demand more and are not willing to take " a leap of faith', they put greater expectations on Ebay. Ebay are desperate to appease these and make big promises and introduce great ideas to implement them without the logistics being in place for these to be actioned.

Sellers end up playing the system rather than taking pride in what they are about. This leads to a survive rather than thrive mentality. The end goal is lost.

In order to get the few dubious sellers in line they inadvertantly handicap those that are doing the right thing. Individuality of sellers is being erradicated and we are becoming just so many monkeys dancing to an erratic tune.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

They do not do anything about Aus sellers I have reported 1 seller about 8 times in the last 3 months 2 times listing where remove 6 times nothing happene.The last time the listings where removed on the 7th of this month and duplicate listings where back up the next day. I am tempted to say bugger doing it right and just spam listings 

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

I remember reading a month or two ago about how the CEO has realised they are placing too much importance in big company sellers and not taking care of the original small sellers / small businesses on eBay, and that it will change.  Then I saw some big new company join eBay a couple of weeks back (can't remember which now).  So I was kind of deflated by that!

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@transport-posters wrote:

I remember reading a month or two ago about how the CEO has realised they are placing too much importance in big company sellers and not taking care of the original small sellers / small businesses on eBay, and that it will change.  Then I saw some big new company join eBay a couple of weeks back (can't remember which now).  So I was kind of deflated by that!

yes they want to appeal to "cottage industry'

new company was Myers.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

This global shipping is yet another way of control  of the coppers coming into ebay.  I faild to see why ebay sellers would allow ebay to make their listings unmarketable due to high shipping costs.   The US has become not the place to buy internationally from.

Ebay's incesent buy buy buy advertizing campain delt out to members is starting to  **bleep** me off, you only buy what you wish to buy not to make ebay more money as a by product.

Ebay was always about lets make money for ourselves and now of course the share holders, after all ebay is big business.

Here in Australia buying out Gumtree (our own buying and selling website)  was a way of taking out the competition, so now Gumtree would not ever be alowed to grow in order to become worthwhile competition to ebay.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Two things I'll say to you sir is that this is a very old thread and you should always start your own thread if a thread is more than 6-12 months old.

And ebay own Gumtree lol

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

They did say that ebay bought out gumtree (in order to stop them growing and becoming competition).
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

My apologies,in my previous post the 2nd reason is null and void due to not having my goggles on and not reading your post properly Robot Frustrated

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply