is ZipPay and AfterPay acceptable for eBay transactions?

Have no idea what they are, do they cost anything to the seller, and does the seller has to sign up for them?

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: is ZipPay and AfterPay acceptable for eBay transactions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

All this credit talk reminded my of one of my credit cards years ago. I think the balance was only $30k

I am sure that when these 'traps' first landed you had to pay 1/30th of the balance and could knock them over

relatively quickly.

Message 61 of 77
Latest reply

For The Love Of Mike

Someone has already said that NO-One from Ebay reads this trite ...

Why are you all carrying on like Merchant Bankers ...

."As an accountant you would have a full understanding of the ramifications" ... Let go Errol!

You are aware that this is a Forum/Messageboard on 'Ebay', a source for mostly Chinese made or supplied goods ... WORLDWIDE

Like most 'Commenters', you all value your own presence above all else ... just answer questions... simply!

Message 62 of 77
Latest reply

And your 'commentary' six months after the last post is what?

An opportunity to have a shot at another member?

It certainly doesn't add anything to the subject.

The first half of your ID certainly seems to be apt.

Message 63 of 77
Latest reply

@drongobongo,

Welcome to the boards. (Unofficial welcome, but I believe there's no official welcome officer or welcoming party.)

You're right in saying that no one from eBay reads here (to the best of our knowledge). This means that threads aren't limited to very narrowly answering the opening question, but quite often meander a bit. As long as the discussion remains relatively on topic, it appears to be fine.

I think that a question about ZipPay and AfterPay would probably quite naturally segue into a discussion about whether such services are without risk, and whether it's better to pay up front (after saving) or whether the convenience of using AfterPay etc., offsets any possible drawbacks. I have never heard a merchant banker talk about whether or not to use AfterPay or ZipPay... or whether either of these are offered by eBay - but I suppose AfterPay's CEO must have consulted merchant bankers during the Clearpay deal, before acquiring so much of its equity...

Hmmm... I'm not sure why you're taking issue with lyndal's post dating back to more than a year ago... Are you perhaps particularly protective of or interested in accountants? I hope that the following gives you a nice pleasant laugh...

Message 64 of 77
Latest reply

jau7946
Community Member
Buy a ZipPay gift card to pay for eBay items. Sellers then get paid in full!
Message 65 of 77
Latest reply

@jau7946 wrote:
Buy a ZipPay gift card to pay for eBay items. Sellers then get paid in full!

You can't do that yet, all you can do is buy an eBay gift card with ZipPay and buy that way.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying-on-eBay/how-do-use-zip-pay/qaq-p/2242814

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 66 of 77
Latest reply

Only a comment - the saddest thing I have seen regarding Afterpay was the advertisement for it on a butchers window just before Christmas.  A butcher offering Afterpay for the turkey and ham....... 

Message 67 of 77
Latest reply

I don't see any ebay gift card in their site they must of took it down
Message 68 of 77
Latest reply

@kellynedjames wrote:

I don't see any ebay gift card in their site they must have taken it down.

Try here :-

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2632.R2.TR5.TRC1.A0.H0.Xebay+gift+card.TR...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 69 of 77
Latest reply

pay[pal is now a checkout option for eBay AU

@digital*ghost wrote:
It's an option that can be implemented for credit card payments but I don't think there's a way to integrate it with any of the CC options with eBay checkout, and is not something currently offered by PayPal as it involves a form of credit (the seller is paid in full straight away, but the buyer's card is debited in instalments).

I'm not sure what additional costs there are for a seller to offer the option, but I suspect it woild be a small percentage of the transaction amount.

Message 70 of 77
Latest reply