"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it"

Haven't sold on eBay for ages. Sell more and don't have to pimp it up to eBay  or PayPal.  Seems eBay want total control over the seller now. Good to see I've only missed pain and misery with more to come.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it"

See ya

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Re: "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it"

@max-power-models,

Judging by your feedback, you had mostly effective transactions on eBay both as a buyer and as a seller. Something seems to have happened more recently that caused you to be upset and angry.

You might still be able to manage on eBay (if you want to, that is), but coping here means playing by eBay's rules while finding ways to make it work for you. If you do want to try again, post here and perhaps explain what is frustrating you... and perhaps fellow eBay members here can give some experience-based insight. It's not that you're an inexperienced eBayer, of course; this is about how to finagle... how to swim underwater without getting entangled in the weeds at the bottom of the pool, so to speak.

Anyway - if you leave, best of luck; if you stay, equally... best of luck.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If you're talking about signing up for Managed Payments, it's really no big deal. Most of us had to give certain information to Paypal at some point when Ebay made it compulsory years ago.

Adyen is the replacement financial provider who is also regulated by the government and has a duty to ascertain who its members are, just like Paypal does. I've been on the new system since July last year and honestly can't say I miss Paypal in any significant way.

Entirely up to you of course, so best of luck if you are selling better elsewhere.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Looking at your feedback it seems you had an issue with one seller. Perhaps just use eBay to sell and not buy, or request an invoice from the seller so they can combine postage before you pay,  if they refund you after they are out of pocket

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Nah,   Max spat the dummy way back when ebay canned the deals on weekend listings,  supposedly left to make his fortune on  FB  from memory.  Honestly I dont know why he keeps poppin up here every now and then.

So for the record max,  ebay is still going just fine, plenty of changes as usual, but managed payments is a doddle for most.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply