remove contact from listings

My Message to Ebay

I just noticed 630 of my listings state that I need to remove my personal contact details. This is 2017 for people to be able to contact us as a business is a basic human right and you may be in breach of many laws including discrimination. Please Take this to management and have your legal people investigate. I think this action needs to be suspended while eBay investigate the matter. If Ebay want to grow and encourage more real businesses online this needs to be addressed. I look forward to your responses on this one and if I am wrong i will agree to disagree. Also if you proceed with this action I trust you will provide a tool to remove the personal details as you did with the active content. I am sure I speak for many busy sellers like me that we don't have the time to go through and change each listing. Thanks Brenton

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: contact information

Nearly all of my listings have been flagged for having contact info that needs to be removed.

The problem with that is that none of my listings have anything even remotely resembling contact info in them. Smiley Indifferent

The thing I find interesting (if not wholly relevant) is that in the EU, it is illegal for sellers not to display their contact info publically, so this is a selective initiative that can't even be implemented everywhere. 

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

bof2814-0
Community Member

this is not e-bay but what they are trying to avoid are sales being made off e-bay which means no fee for them

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Yes I get that, but its easy for any one to find your contact details out side of eBay these days. If a customer needs support its our responsibility as a business to be able to offer that in an easy professional manner. It opens up doors for dishonest and sinister dealers.

Contact details and names should be transperant from a business sense.

My opinions anyway

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Everyone here are simply members such as yourself

A good idea would be to direct your comments to the appropriate channels (ie, ebay),rather than threaten volunteers on a member to member help forum over things that have nothing to do with us

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

Appologies if you feel threatened I have raised it with Ebay management and i have every right to share my opinion I thought that was the idea of a forum maybe i am wrong who knows

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

My Views exactly! I am pretty annoyed that I am expected to change nearly all of

@mongrelfishing wrote:

Appologies if you feel threatened I have raised it with Ebay management and i have every right to share my opinion I thought that was the idea of a forum maybe i am wrong who knows

my listings. This is a group forum therefor everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you don't like it so be it - keep scrolling. Ebay are making it more difficult for us members to sell with their stand over policies to ensure we get "good exposure" It is ridiculous that they with Paypal withhold money on disputes even thought the purchaser has received the item. Going to put some more products on gumtree I think. btw Ebay with Paypal Fees are a rort, they should be one fee considering Paypal owns Ebay.

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

Paypal does not own ebay and never has.

Ebay did own paypal for a while but now they are two completely separate companies which need to stand alone and make their own profits.

Anyone is entitled to express their opinion but why express your opinion about ebay as a Message to ebay when ebay will never see it and will certainly not respond to it.

The members here may agree with everything the OP has said but as we cannot do anything about it it is rather confronting to read the OP's message in the terms that it has been posted.

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

Apologies, I misread your post and thought that it said 're' in my message to ebay

As in, a copy and paste of your message here, for someone from ebay to read here

We are all wrong at some time or another, I was wrong here

Having said that, if it was a message to the bots in botville, at best it will be an automated response

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

Bang lol

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply