remove contact from listings

My Message to Ebay

I just noticed 630 of my listings state that I need to remove my personal contact details. This is 2017 for people to be able to contact us as a business is a basic human right and you may be in breach of many laws including discrimination. Please Take this to management and have your legal people investigate. I think this action needs to be suspended while eBay investigate the matter. If Ebay want to grow and encourage more real businesses online this needs to be addressed. I look forward to your responses on this one and if I am wrong i will agree to disagree. Also if you proceed with this action I trust you will provide a tool to remove the personal details as you did with the active content. I am sure I speak for many busy sellers like me that we don't have the time to go through and change each listing. Thanks Brenton

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: remove contact from listings

what's even more frustrating is that although some of my listings do have my twitter username (which i need to remove), others have been flagged as having contact details in them simlpy because i've said if anyone has questions or concerns to contact me using the "ask a seller" link. apparently this violates the policy, or more-than-likely, the bot can't differentiate. 

Message 11 of 34
Latest reply

Just had a phone call from?Ebay about this. Are they ringing people or is it a scam. Was happy to tell them I'm closing the store anyway - due to a number of issues including all these changes!

Message 12 of 34
Latest reply

yes i have removed what i thought was all my contact details but there still coming up saying the content needs to be remover. Cleared history and cookies but still no good. Ebay should provide us with a tool to remove the content. Please contact ebay if you agree.

Id its legal of course ???

Message 13 of 34
Latest reply

yes we know this tool but still a manual process

Message 14 of 34
Latest reply

Your contact phone number is still on the bottom of every listing.

Bulk edit is all you've got, or do them manually.

You have to remove that number or they'll restrict your selling.

The bots are working hard these days and will find it.

Message 15 of 34
Latest reply

Cheers, having discussions with eBay at the moment. I have had my details up for 8 years. I am arguing as a registered business with an ABN that Ebay recently requested, my details should be available to my customers to provide the best service possible. If a customer wants to call me they can simply use a search engine to find me. Just another step for the customer to do in fact and I havent raised this one with eBay, if they google me they will find my web site and probably purchase from there instead of eBay. I have had many eBay customers ring me over the years and we have done the deal through eBay while there on the phone. This can work both ways there needs to be give and take not all take.

Message 16 of 34
Latest reply

@mongrelfishing wrote:

Yes I get that, but its easy for any one to find your contact details out side of eBay these days. If a customer needs support its our responsibility as a business to be able to offer that in an easy professional manner. It opens up doors for dishonest and sinister dealers.

Contact details and names should be transperant from a business sense.

My opinions anyway

If it's so easy for people to get your contact details outside ebay, why do you need your details on your listings?  And why don't you provide your details when you send your customers their items if you think they're likely to need support?

There are a lot of things I don't like about ebay, but I don't see why anyone should expect to treat them as a free advertising service.

Message 17 of 34
Latest reply

Good luck.    Their site, their rules.

Can't see it working unless you have an Anchor Store.

They're 'speshul'

Message 18 of 34
Latest reply

Nearly all of my listings have been flagged for having contact info that needs to be removed.

The problem with that is that none of my listings have anything even remotely resembling contact info in them. Smiley Indifferent

The thing I find interesting (if not wholly relevant) is that in the EU, it is illegal for sellers not to display their contact info publically, so this is a selective initiative that can't even be implemented everywhere. 

Message 19 of 34
Latest reply

Maybe its a word or phrase that is triggering the bots, even though it is not being used in the way the bots are reading it. Even something as simple as using a @ somewhere can do it. Even if it is not part of an email address.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 20 of 34
Latest reply