the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

I just sent a copy of a bank statement to prove the account and a car drivers license number. If I was you I would change your banking password for security reasons and piece of mind. No one should ever need your banking password. I did see an option to login to your banking to prove identity through a secure link when signing up for managed payments! This just proves to them that you have and can login to your bank. I guess that method is easier than scanning documents, etc.They do not trap your password or see your password. So dont worry, but I personally would change my password just for piece of mind if I did the bank login verification to my bank.. 

Message 511 of 699
Latest reply

Logging into my bank through a secure link to prove identity is something I would never do and if I did I would be changing my banking password straight away!! 

Message 512 of 699
Latest reply

similar has happened to me!!

I have many friends that have eBay accounts and they haven't even heard about managed payments!! My wife has an account and has not heard anything!! i think they are targeting top sellers and people that sell quantity not necessarily based on money just volume of sales and sller ratings! Anyway who knows!

Message 513 of 699
Latest reply

Cheers and all good to know 

Message 514 of 699
Latest reply

They are definitely NOT targeting high users - I registered my business account that has daily sales early last year and they have still not activated it to management payments.  My private account that I haven't sold anything on it for years, I registered 3 weeks ago, and received activation notice last week!  

Message 515 of 699
Latest reply

Ditto

I have a Business account and sell quite a bit.  Registered back near the start of managed payments and still not activated.  Seller Hub states that "You've successfully registered for managed payments"

If you are after buyer emails, go to File Exchange (you need to register).  Download - Download Files - Listings and records - select "Sold" Download format "Standard" select "Date Range". - After approx 5-10 mins check "Completed Downloads"  File is an Excel .csv file with all the Buyer Info including the actual Buyer Email not the eBay version.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 516 of 699
Latest reply

@drifter2047 wrote:

Logging into my bank through a secure link to prove identity is something I would never do and if I did I would be changing my banking password straight away!! 

It's safe to do this and if you ever apply for any credit online you have to provide your bank details they only get your account details they don't see or get your password its encrypted 

Message 517 of 699
Latest reply

@ozcoppertop wrote:

Well I tried to register but they want a password for -is it my internet banking? The bank said it was a bit weird even though I said ebay says they don't store it, maybe could get hacked.  How does everyone else feel about that?

When ever you log into your online banking you need to put in your account details and then your pass word right so if you went for a credit loan then this is what you'd have to do.

All ebay get is your bank account details as the password is encrypted.

Message 518 of 699
Latest reply

I have to enter my customer number and access code, except on my phone, where only the access code is required. I have 2 accounts under the one customer number as that's how ING work.

I gave eBay access, then changed the access code, which was overdue. There were no suspicious transactions in the 5 minutes, so I reckon I'm safe. And it seemed to be the only option available.

Message 519 of 699
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I have to enter my customer number and access code, except on my phone, where only the access code is required. I have 2 accounts under the one customer number as that's how ING work.

I gave eBay access, then changed the access code, which was overdue. There were no suspicious transactions in the 5 minutes, so I reckon I'm safe. And it seemed to be the only option available.

It looks like everyone has had to register in different ways I had to give license details plus bank account but no access codes.

Message 520 of 699
Latest reply