the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

Whilst I haven't received an email from eBay and therefore have not been able to switch to Managed Payments I haven't seen any indication that my selling is blocke. Can I switch to Managed Payments withour receiving the email?

Message 641 of 699
Latest reply

@michael_cullis wrote:

Whilst I haven't received an email from eBay and therefore have not been able to switch to Managed Payments I haven't seen any indication that my selling is blocke. Can I switch to Managed Payments withour receiving the email?

No you have to wait and be invited by ebay to register for MP but sellers can keep selling until they need to register.

The sellers that have been blocked looks like it has come out of no where because they haven't received an email and according to ebay it's a glitch.

I have an account that I haven't been asked to switch over just yet either so I'm just selling as usual on that one.

Message 642 of 699
Latest reply

Day #6 and no joy.

I have spoken with 3 peeps at CS.

Now "technical staff" have to review my account to discover why I have not received an MP email.

No one will just just unlock my account which is very very annoying.

I sell 10-20 items a month so wondering now if I should just give it away and stick to other channels.

Ebay clearly wants to be amazon.

Message 644 of 699
Latest reply

I have just been told it will take at least 48 hours for someone to review my account. Guarantee that only small fry are treated like this.

Message 645 of 699
Latest reply

@junkee1310 wrote:

Day #6 and no joy.

I have spoken with 3 peeps at CS.

Now "technical staff" have to review my account to discover why I have not received an MP email.

No one will just just unlock my account which is very very annoying.

I sell 10-20 items a month so wondering now if I should just give it away and stick to other channels.

Ebay clearly wants to be amazon.

On the bright side you've still got listings while you wait for a result, some sellers have been blocked altogether

Message 646 of 699
Latest reply

It seems to be a real mess. I have received an email for one account but nothing for the others.

Yesterday I decided to join MP on the one account. I didn't click any of the email links but there was a link under my selling overview that said update details for MP.  All I had to do was add BSB and account number - no ID or anything.

Within 2 minutes I had an email that said Congratulations! Since you updated your account details, eBay is now managing payments for your account. I'm not sure why  I got an easy ride

Message 648 of 699
Latest reply

Hopefully eBay have realised the issues so many are having and have finally made life a bit easier.

I know, I know, not likely but one live's in hope and there were a few scary hoops (giving p/word and access to bank account for example) that many were not happy to jump through.

Well done pleased you are all set to go

Message 649 of 699
Latest reply

Has anyone else who registered for MP back in April last year (received confirmation of registration, Payments page said successfully registered, but never got changed over) today received another email saying you need to register by 27th May or they cut you off, and the successfully registered note on the Payments page has disappeared?  Have replied asking for help, suppose will just have to wait....

Message 650 of 699
Latest reply