the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

Yes I had that exact same experience.  I have multiple IDs, two were registered back in April last year, now the successfully registered page has disappeared.  It may be because we are registered as a Partnership.  Another ID registered at the same time didn't disappear and I was notified that I would be moved to managed payments within a fortnight, however I have since been notified that since its a Partnership I will remain with Paypal for the moment.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 651 of 699
Latest reply

Message 652 of 699
Latest reply

So I am not alone.  Still waiting for reply from eBay.  Our business is Partnership, but it was successfully registered, so why would that make any difference?  I only have one other ID, my private account just 1 name, they only asked me to register it a couple of months ago, then sent notification of 2 weeks' notice, then on due date said there was a delay, and nothing since...  All very strange.

Message 653 of 699
Latest reply

After the first ID was registered and notified, I received an email from Paypal that my account was blocked while they checked my details.  This was the middle of Covid and cost me a lot of sales and 2 negatives due to being unable to refund.  It took nearly 3 weeks to sort it all out, so I am very fearful what will happen with eBay who are way more disorganized and have totally useless CS.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 654 of 699
Latest reply

drifter2047 , i haven't signed up so i can't list new items and i can't revise any of my current ongoing listings which are still linked to my PayPal account,  but when the 14th of June hits Ebay may remove my " Good till Cancelled listings (6) " . 

When this new system has all the gremlins ironed out and we sellers have control of transferring funds, i will then sign up.

Be interesting to see what happens to my 6 listings after the 14th of June....

Message 655 of 699
Latest reply

the gremlins ironed out and we sellers have control of transferring funds, i will then sign up

I don't think that will happen. As I understand it, eBay transfer the money to your nominated MP account daily or weekly however you request it to be set up.

You can not transfer out from eBay into your bank account the way you could with PP.

Also, it sounds as if you are in the transition period, so if an item sells will you get paid for it if you don't have an account for eBay to deposit it to? I know this has happened to some sellers

Message 656 of 699
Latest reply

its still linked to PayPal at the moment, i'm selling and funds go direct into the paypal account, ebay doesn't hold the funds

Message 657 of 699
Latest reply

The old "All selling" classic  view has finally gone from many accounts last week.

Maybe everyone's; not 100% sure.... but many people I know have been swung over to the seller hub.

I was in the same situation as you tickford-t3,  I was swung over to the seller hub and all of the performance tools etc, first and I made a few sales and they went to PayPal, now they go to managed payments, I got sent an email to confirm the day it was going to happen.

Still trying to work out how the billing exactly works but it seems pretty straight forward and less convoluted than the old system. I actually am finding the seller hub is quite good once you navigate around it for a while. ( I still miss the old classic view "All Selling") but I will get over it!! 

I am hoping to save some fees with Managed payments and PayPal has been a nightmare to deal with for me recently with two simple issues that involved large payments! The time wasted to resolve was unimaginable. The support is no where near as good as eBay's support. Anywhere from 2 hours to 24 hours response time to a human operator. At least with eBay managing payments it will hopefully be cheaper and it will be a one stop shop for any payment issues. 

Message 658 of 699
Latest reply

I’ve done a comparison from what i pay in fees at the moment and I’ve noticed if i go to managed payments it will be dearer but only by 0.8% , i can live with that when the time comes. I’m going to wait and see if over time the managed payout options may change to be more in my control. If it doesn’t and I decide to sign up I may open another bank account so that all the sales from eBay are all in one place - i feel this is what I may have to do down the track, time will tell

Message 659 of 699
Latest reply

I opened an e-saver account with my credit union so that all ebay payments go into that one special account. Payments on my other eBay account are still going to PayPal.

Message 660 of 699
Latest reply