when is it best to list an item for sale?

Is it best to list items(I sell vintage clothing) at the beginning of the month?

In my observations I see that most buyers seem to be looking for things around the start of the month.

I also see that eBay is always trying to give special privileges ie no listing or sold fees.. to me later in the month so I will list more items then.

I am not sure if buyers are looking for new items the whole month or if they are looking for mark downs and bargains by the end of the month.

I would love to know what other sellers think about this.

I could list the whole month but I dont want to waste my time.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: when is it best to list an item for sale?

I sometimes run auctions of similar collectables over 3 days to finish in the evenings, two minutes apart. I prefer Sunday evenings as the finishing time, but do Monday to Thursday evenings as well.

As far as BINS go, items sell regularly throughout the month, including during the day and in the middle of the night, no pattern to it at all. I sell collectables and blokes shed stuff though. What works for me may not apply to womans clothing.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Haha I often hear that sweet cash register ding on hot muggy nights when people can't sleep.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Apparently Sundays have the most sales. 
I would expect weekends would be ideal for Vintage clothing.
Also keep an eye out for weekend seller fee discounts, and other random offers.
They are  listed at the bottom of your "all selling" page.
Sometimes you see them at the top of your selling page as well.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply