who is responsable when item becomes broken in post

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: who is responsable when item becomes broken in post

Tippy, the salt and pepper shakers are all pick up

I really think they should be listed in smaller groups, though

Hard to sell at that price - although a good price for that many.

Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

thanks for all your advice tippy toes, much appreciated, can you advise me the best way to open a dispute .. as in do I open it with ebay or paypal ? thanks in advance

Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

not all pick up but I do hope he now realises that sending them in inadequate packing is not a good idea

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

some good news, the OP has messaged me and is giving a refund of $7.50

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

Great news, perhaps they realised reading thecomments here that they were not going to come out of it with a smiley face unless they did the right thing. For future reference for a not as described dispute it is better to start with ebay. For item not received it is usually better to start with Paypal, if an item arrives after you have opened the dispute and it is not as described you can change the reason for the dispute, ebay is a one off deal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

good grief, the OP has just sent me a message saying its too complicated to give a partial refund with Paypal, so he has put the money in an envelope and has mailed it to me Smiley Frustrated

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL  Words fail me!!

Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

oh gosh 😕 let's hope it gets to you safely eliza! honestly, it's not THAT hard.

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

Might be a long shot, but did you use any discount codes when you paid? Sellers can't issue partial refunds from the original payment in those cases.
Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

no, no discount code involved, when he messaged me to say he agreed to the refund he did say he has to work out how to do it so I sent him a link with instructions but later I received his other message saying it was too complicated and that he was sending the money in the mail, I replied and said that that was not a very wise thing to do and that if the money doesn't arrive ... and I think the chances of that are 50/50 ... I will have to go ahead with a dispute ... just saying you've sent the money is no proof anyway .... so, so frustrating

Message 30 of 35
Latest reply