why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers

Hi , why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buyers decide upgrade to express post ?

I sold it for $259.99 with free regular shipping , My Final Valve fee was $28.31 But the buyer wanted an upgrade to express shipping so i changed him $13.00 shipping cost . The actual shipping costs of the express shipping was $15.90 , that is an lost of $2.90 straight off the bat .

So this is my question WHY IS EBAY charging me additional 10% $1.42 for my Express shipping , Im not making money out of it , so should EBAY ?????????????

uHoo: Most Advanced Indoor Air Toxin Sensor ** 8 Different Sensors in this 
Final price: AU $259.99 (Fixed Price)
19225271835209-Aug-17 20:43:23 AESTFinal Value feeAU $28.31

ArticleID: E; Service: eBay Australia Post Express Post; Postage: $12.95; Signature: $2.95; Insurance: $0.00
19225271835211-Aug-17 14:36:37 AESTAustralia Post shipping feeAU $15.90

Postage, handling and other related costs: AU $13.00 (Fixed Price)
19225271835210-Aug-17 01:34:03 AESTFinal Value Fee on ShippingAU $1.42
Message 1 of 102
Latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Re: why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buye

Because of malicious buyers, and because I choose to. In fact eBay used to recommend doing so. Those who don't like something you said on the boards and buy in order to leave negative feedback. It happens; not to me, but I don't post with a selling account. Both of which are running 5 on all the stars and have never had a neg. So my buyers seem to think I'm okay.

Which doesn't solve your issue of attacking the player rather than the ball. Sellers WITH considerable visible feedback have basically told you the same as me, which would tend to indicate I know what I'm talking about.

Message 61 of 102
Latest reply

Re: why I'm I paying 20% Ebay fees ? 9.9 selling fees and an additional 9.9 selling fee when my buye

i will put it to you again in case you miss read it ! I asked you ....

davewil1964 

If you think the Question is wrong or dumb or just both ! ( as I Admit my question was a bit dumb and worded very badly ) 

Why do you feel the need to answer it ? 

Why do you feel the need to answer with hate ? 

See if it was me and i thought the question was worng and dumb ! I just would not comment on it 

And sorry i dont understand why you feel the need to post under a buying account instead of a selling account .

If you were nice to people there would be less possibility of malicious buyers , And then you could post under one of your selling accounts 

Message 62 of 102
Latest reply

I asked you a question too -

What was the standard postage you had already included in the item price? Was the cost of express postage more than $13 more than that?

You chose not to answer.

Message 63 of 102
Latest reply

I Love to meet you  ! do want meet up ?

Message 64 of 102
Latest reply

Thanks, but I'm not in the market for anything you're selling.

Message 65 of 102
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

Do sellers selling into Australia pay the GST? Or is it just me paying thier far share.

No to both questions.

GST is a tax only Australians can pay, so international sellers are not liable for paying it on eBay services, meaning you (as a consumer) only pay your own share. 

Message 66 of 102
Latest reply

Hi everyone, 

Some comments on this thread are becoming disruptive and hostile. 

Please post in a friendly and courteous manner to help keep our community inviting for everone!

You can review the Discussion Board Usage Policies here.

Cheers,

luna-2304

Community Moderator

Message 67 of 102
Latest reply

A bit harsh directing that at d*g, rather than the responsible person. D*g NEVER does disruptive NOR hostile.

Message 68 of 102
Latest reply

It's ok, I can hack it.... *sniff*

Spoiler
This is my brave face

see...I'm almost smiling, even
Message 69 of 102
Latest reply

Hi i have asked these people if they think that my  Question is wrong or dumb or just both ! ( as I Admit my question was a bit dumb and worded very badly ) 

Why do they feel the need to answer it ? 

Why do they feel the need to answer with hate ? 

See if it was me and i thought a a question was worng and dumb ! I just would not comment on it 

Message 70 of 102
Latest reply