why cant I leave negative feedback for non payers?

I am a seller and I am so tired of having no pay customers,I wouldnt mind at all if they would answer my emails,I am very to cancel transactions,but there is no discouraging people from doing that,if ebay would reverse the fee charged for the sale to the buyer, and when it is  paid, it changes back to the seller.good idea to me...

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Live and learn, it seems.

If you didn't go down the UPI track, then you didn't get your $60 fvf back either

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

You can't see how many strikes they have, but if you have the buyer requirement blocks in place, you can then look in the activity log and see how many non payers have tried to buy your items and couldn't because of the blocks in place.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

I've been having the same problems . Buyer doesn't pay . I offer to cancel the auction and relist . have to wait 7 days . Then it looks like I wanted to cancel.

Try to leave negative feedback  and it won't let me . I try telling ebay. They don't want to know my problems . If don't pay and are un responsive they should be allowed to continue having a account with ebay and waste other seller times. So fair I've been putting negative comments in postive feedback.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

I am aware this is an old thread but I would just like to have my say too in regard to being able to leave buyers negative feedback.

I am not a seller I am just a buyer on ebay but I support the sellers they should be able to leave a negative feedback IF it is warranted.

It is a bit like shopping in a store when they say the customer is always right that is a load of **bleep** most of the time.

Some yes but others no.  

My self personally as a buyer I have the utmost respect for a seller. I never buy or bid on anything on ebay unless I have the funds to pay for the item.

I never change my mind after I have won an auction, I always pay for the item instantly if I am online and watching the auction finish. If I am not online I always pay as soon as I turn my computer on and see the results.

My feedback results testify that sellers appreciate a good buyer. As a buyer with a good reputation I get annoyed with buyers who do the wrong thing by a seller.

I am very fair in my feedback ratings, I have never given a negative feedback all though I could of given one recently.

An item I bought never arrived in the mail after waiting a reasonable amount of time for Australia Post to deliver I got in touch with the seller and the person doesn't want to know me .    

I told the seller all I wanted is the item that I paid for or a refund nothing more nothing less, I also added if we couldn't sort the matter out I would have no choice but to place the matter in the hands of ebay or Paypal the seller told me to go ahead and do that which I did I am now waiting for a decision.

I know I have the right to leave a negative feedback knowing full well the seller cannot leave me one in return but I have decided on my own form of justice for this seller and that is this seller is now on my own personal black list and that being I will never buy from that seller again.

I am also aware of the fact that it will probably make no difference at all to this particular seller at all but at least I have the satisfaction of knowing this seller has lost a very good honourable buyer in the future.      

I also understand that by not leaving negative feedback I am not alerting other buyers to this seller's attitude but I will always keep that option in mind in the future.  

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

By opening the dispute to get the refund, the seller has been given an automatic defect. Once he gets enough of those, he will lose his selling rights. Depending on the amount of feedback he has, depends on how many defects he needs for that to happen.

I don't know why a seller would jack up like that and tell you to open a dispute. That's just crazy! Most (established) sellers know that a dispute means defect, so you do whatever you can for the buyer to stop them opening a dispute and/or leaving bad feedback (which also gives you a defect).

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

I recently had a buyer with very low feedback (regardless of my settings) ... after a couple of days, I noticed that the feedback had increased by about 8 and when I read it, IT WAS APPALLING.

I rang eBay who advised me to immediately cancel their bid and block them, AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR NOTIFYING US.

Make sure that you always open a case for non payers,and close it if they don't pay.   That is the best way for eBay to become aware of them.   The feedback only warns others.    Also block them from further purchases.

Check your Buyers Requirements by going into ....   Account,  Site Preferences,   then set your requirements that way.

I understand your frustration, but it seems a buyer can give unreasonable feedback but on the other hand, the poor old seller has to grin and bear it.   🙂

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Tippy Toes  when the item didn't arrive with in a reasonable time I informed the seller on the 1st July  the item hadn't arrived at my home address I also asked the seller if the said item was returned to him undelivered .

I received no response from the seller at all.

I then wrote to the seller a 2nd time a couple of days later and informed him that I was now requesting either a replacement or a refund back through Paypal to me.

I also informed the seller  if I did not hear back from him by the 6th July in regard to resolving the matter  I will have no choice but to place the matter into the hands of eBay.

The seller then responded to my 2nd email on the 6th July and said these very words to me,

I suggest you complete the refund request (claim) via Paypal or eBay, this is the normal procedure

So I did just that, I placed the matter into the hands of PayPal and that is where it sits at the moment .

I have kept an eye on the matter in Pay Pay and up to this point in time Pay Pay have written to the seller 3 times the 3rd time they wrote to the seller  they told him he had to the 1st August to what I assume is to respond by then they will make a decision on the matter.

Up to this point in time as far as I can see the seller has not responded to any of the 3 times that Paypal have contacted him .

I have tried to work this matter out with the seller without involving a 3rd party but it got me no where with him.  

I consider I treated him fairly I didn't even leave a negative feedback for him, by the way I was unaware about the fact until you mentioned it that if I do leave him a negative feedback I will receive a defect too I didn't know that before.

Thanks for that piece of info. 

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

As a buyer, you can't get defects, only sellers can. Even if you decided now to leave him a negative, he'd still only get one defect from that transaction.

Even if the request is "normal procedure", most sellers would still prefer to bypass "normal procedure" and handle it themselves. Silly seller! I've had to give 3 refunds since I started selling a few years back. All 3 were done without the need for a request. Both buyer and seller were happy with the outcome!

You tried your best to try and get resolution with the seller, but he left you no choice but to open a dispute. His loss, his defect!

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

Tippy Toes this is for you :).

PayPay have made a decision in regard to my claim with the seller who refused to either resend or refund the missing item.

Paypal have found in my favour and will refund the amount into my bank account in the next 7 days.

I didn't want to take the course that I did but the seller left me no choice.

Now that the matter has been resolved I will not leave good or bad feedback for the seller as far as I am concerned the matter is closed and I will not be doing any more business with that seller.  

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

If it's not in eBay's financial interest to do anything.... they won't. Simple as that. It has ZERO to do with customer experience or anything else.
Message 20 of 26
Latest reply