Bid Retraction not working (2 days so far)

Bid retraction page times out no matter what option is selected when attempting to retract a bid.

Requirements are correct  ie.  More than 12h before auction + Valid Reasoning (incorrect bid amt) but the page itself won't execute the command.

Ebay live chat's told me to Win the auction, not pay,  then raise a ticket to get any marks removed from your profile  (no joke).

Is there a fix for this or workaround?  (seller won't retract either)

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Have you tried the usual "fix" of clearing cache and cookies then rebooting your computer ?

You could also try a different browser (I use Firefox and Chrome with very few problems).

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

I would try what Padi suggested first. It might also be a temporary glitch though.

You could also explain the situation to the seller and ask him/her to cancel your bid. I think sellers can do that?

I have never retracted a bid, so I am not sure if there are other options, but I think if you can't because there is a glitch, letting the seller know ASAP is probably a good idea.

I don't know if there might be a maximum number of bid retractions allowed?

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Tried on a completely different PC & on mobile, still the same issue

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

Sorry, then I can't help you out. I think I've only retracted bids a couple of times since I joined eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

Hi, I am having the same issue and tried on multiple computers, I also put in the wrong bid amount and I cannot change it. 

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

Same here. It's been half a month and the bug is still not fixed. 😞

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

"Ebay live chat's told me to Win the auction, not pay,  then raise a ticket to get any marks removed from your profile  (no joke)."

------------

Can't believe this part. 

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

@rune1216 wrote:

"Ebay live chat's told me to Win the auction, not pay,  then raise a ticket to get any marks removed from your profile  (no joke)."

------------

Can't believe this part. 

I find that very easy to believe.

I do find it hard to believe is that anyone needs to retract a bid.

It's very simple to check that the correct amount has been entered before submitting a bid.

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

The eBay bid retraction system has been down for a couple of months at least. I’ve tried on my mobile on multiple browsers and on my pc and it doesn’t work at all. eBay I hope your reading this chat! Please fix your broken system! 

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply