Support Live Chat + Shipping Labels not working

Hello, recently I've had to contact your support team a few times, and each time I have had the same frustration. 

When you're going to contact a support team before you even start the chat, you would like to write your whole message correct? instead of having the customer representative connect, then wait for you to type in your message. This is very frustrating for the customer, as what we write is completely limited.

Even when you do connect, you are again limited, I can only make two lines of text. This is EXTREMELY annoying because when I do reach the limit, I have to delete half of what I have written, think if it's going to make sense, then rewrite it all again. Wasting so much of my time, let alone the customer reps time waiting. This could all be solved with a simple increased limit. 

PLEASE include a way we can upload screenshots, do you know how many times I have had to explain an error when I could just simply upload an image so the support person can help me troubleshoot my issues, instead I explain things more than I should, and have to then login to my email, upload and send to an email address provided. It's extra work that's not needed. Why do all other live chats support this, except for eBay?

Another thing. PLEASE fix your shipping label system. It does NOT work! I have tried so many times inside of eBay itself using Australia Post or Sendle but, It just says error "It was not possible to generate the label. Something is wrong. Please try again later" This is for every single parcel. I have tried it on Windows 10, and now on a Mac (safari - popup blocker disabled, antivirus disabled.) Not to mention the calculated pricing is ALWAYS wrong. Especially for Australia Post, they have increased their pricing to $10.70, but you guys still have it as $9.70. I know a $1 isn't much, but it's not just a dollar, sometimes it's $5-7 extra all with the exact same measurements. 

Please fix these. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Once again

This is a member to member forum

No other member can do these things you instruct us to to

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You are not addressing ebay, so you have just wasted oh so much time and effort.

As for postage labels, if it is that much of a hassle, use a postage platform that works.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@silentdragon88 wrote:

Not to mention the calculated pricing is ALWAYS wrong. Especially for Australia Post, they have increased their pricing to $10.70, but you guys still have it as $9.70. I know a $1 isn't much, but it's not just a dollar, sometimes it's $5-7 extra all with the exact same measurements. 

Please fix these. 

Thanks.

If this is true,  whats your gripe,  I would rather pay $9.10 then $10.70.   

I may have to try going back to Ebay labels if what you say is true.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@silentdragon88 wrote:

Not to mention the calculated pricing is ALWAYS wrong. Especially for Australia Post, they have increased their pricing to $10.70, but you guys still have it as $9.70. I know a $1 isn't much, but it's not just a dollar, sometimes it's $5-7 extra all with the exact same measurements. 

Please fix these. 

Thanks.

If this is true,  whats your gripe,  I would rather pay $9.10 then $10.70.   

I may have to try going back to Ebay labels if what you say is true.

Sadly I tried a few last night and all came up the same price on Ebay and Auspost.   Stuck with Auspost as I get the discounts there.  

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Oh. So eBay themselves don't see these forums? damnit! I have sent multiple emails directly to eBay, and they tell me our technician had a look at the postage issue, and they can see I bought the label outside of eBay. They aren't listening. I am trying to purchase it inside of eBay, but when it does not work, I then go to the post office and send it manually. 

Does nobody else get this problem? just me? 😞 I'm using a Mac M2 Ventura 13.5.1  // Safari & Chrome browser) I've tried using Sendle and Australia post, with all different parcels, but it never works. It's always the same error. I wish the error gave us a clue.Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 12.18.38 pm.jpg

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@silentdragon88 wrote:

Oh. So eBay themselves don't see these forums? damnit!

Don't believe everything you read on the forum.    There is a difference between Ebay reading the forum, and Ebay following up with any of the queries,  2 different things.

Yes they do read the forum,  I know I will get howled down for suggesting this, but it is a fact.   But they have more formal channels for customer issues, it is called chat.   Otherwise they will have to deal with another form of problems,  with this forum becoming a quasi help desk,  and think about it,  do you really want the whole world to see your dealings,  as there can be a lot of personal information shared on the real help desk.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Are you using the latest version of your browser? Maybe try accessing ebay directly rather than using saved tabs (that solved some issues for me).

Agreed, ebay live chat is inadequate and frustrating, but I think you will have to persevere with it to get your postage issue sorted. When you reach the character limit during chat, just send it then keep typing the rest of what you are trying to say, then send again. I fill up multiple boxes to get my point across, and they usually work it out.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply