Whats with this ebay entry in the address lines ?

Whats with this ebay entry in the address line?

Thanks

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Whats with this ebay entry in the address lines ?

???
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Don't know, but I've had them in my addresses for buyers the last 4 days.

They show up in order details in the address, but not in the Paypal address for buyer.

Another glitch???

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Just a glitch, ignore it, don't include it with the address.  It has happened to me to and on investigation the info. belongs to eBay.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Just a glitch, ignore it, don't include it with the address.  It has happened to me to and on investigation the info. belongs to eBay.

Guess you didn't read the announcement, nor the link I gave either.

Not a glitch.

Do not remove or interfere with this code, to ensure the validity of tracking information associated with the delivery. If you are using an external label printing portal, be sure to add the code to address line one of the label

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

Saw it today for the first time.

Just spent 1/2hr with a not very knowledgable ebay customer support representative who ultimately said that it was not necessary for us to include the code as we do not use address labels of any sort and we print out our own tax invoices which are used as the address label in an invoice pocket.

We add tracking labels to all parcels and upload those tracking numbers to eBay.

The upshot of the discussion, however, was that if you are using printed postage labels either through eBay or MyPost or some other courier, then the code should be included as it appears in the address details.

The customer service representative could not explain why, nor could they offer any solution to our situation where no addressed postage label is ever printed that we could add the details to and our own invoicing program does not provide sufficient room to include the code on a line of it's own with many long addresses.

It is always so good to see eBay come out with new initiatives to "help" our businesses while blindly ignoring all of the other things in their system that are totally broken. </SARC>

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

It does not help the seller, nor the buyer, nor Australia Post.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@shopingfavourite wrote:

It does not help the seller, nor the buyer, nor Australia Post.

And you know this how?

I would guess that it is something eBay have arranged with AP, otherwise it would be even more pointless than their usual initiatives.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply