Why cant I find my eBay store when I use my mobile phone and the eBay app

When I type in the address of my eBay store to search for it using the app on my mobile phone I get a message saying 'No exact matchers found' This could be the reason for lack of sales, because if no one can see our store how can they buy from us. 

<Removed>

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why cant I find my eBay store when I use my mobile phone and the eBay app

The app has always had problems.

Most buyers will search by item anyway not by store name.

Even if I had bought from you before, there is no way I would remember your store name.

Especially since it has nothing to do with the items you sell.

BTW you have items listed in the wrong categories.

i.e. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRA-EXPANDER-EASY-TO-FIT-NO-SEWING-NEW/123536505789?hash=item1cc3597bbd:...

That's listed in caravans which will be expensive in fees if sold as vehicle fees are usually $60 upon sale.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you for letting me know about the listing in the wrong catogory. Kind Regards upthearts6

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

The app has always had problems.

Most buyers will search by item anyway not by store name.

Even if I had bought from you before, there is no way I would remember your store name.

Especially since it has nothing to do with the items you sell.

BTW you have items listed in the wrong categories.

i.e. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRA-EXPANDER-EASY-TO-FIT-NO-SEWING-NEW/123536505789?hash=item1cc3597bbd:...

That's listed in caravans which will be expensive in fees if sold as vehicle fees are usually $60 upon sale.

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you for letting me know about the listing in the wrong catogory. Kind Regards upthearts6

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I suspect your lack of sales could have something to do with your postage costs. $12.30 to post a single coin is outrageous. No one is going to pay for a circulated coin that they can get out of their change themselves, then pay $12.30 on top of that for postage. Even if sent registered it should only be half that.

The link left above that was in the wrong category, the postage cost for that is outrageous too. It would be well under 500g.

Phone cards, also with $12.30 postage, when it would only cost you $1 to post. 

The vintage clock radio that you are selling for parts, $41.80 to post? I am also in NSW, so would be seeing the cheapest post. Someone in Perth would be seeing $84.85. No one in their right mind is going to pay either cost, especially for something that is essentially worthless. Adding the word vintage doesn't mean something is worth more.

A lot of your prices are a bit over the top too, especially books and CDs (and your coins - you can buy uncirculated cheaper), but it's your call what you list items at. 

Buyers don't want to be ripped off.R eceiving an item in an envelope that was posted for $1, after paying $12.30 for postage, would be feeling ripped off.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I am certain there would have had to of been a typo in that listing ?

$25 for something widely available in any supermarket for $4 -$5 

Listing only indicates it was for one 

Even if postage was super double express shipping and every kind of 'extra' under the sun

Sorry but that is far more likely the reason nobody is buying

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Typos in many listings, then.

A 150g Jack Higgins paperback that I have $10 on posted (and I am always ballpark) for $25 + $12.30?

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I could be wrong, but I suspect the OP is buying retail, then trying to make some profit on top. $25 is still an outrageous price for that item though. Especially when Spotlight has them for less than $10.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I know, I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt (given I have been accused by others of being a nasty piece of work)

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

My local Wollies has them on special at the moment for $3.70 (same brand/size etc)

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

I know, I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt (given I have been accused by others of being a nasty piece of work)

Ah, but have you been accused of being an ebay employee yet?   That is the pinnacle of insults on the boards.Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply